Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What do you do when you've got a cold...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Except i've got a runny nose pretty much all year round. :eek:

I'm not sure what to do. I'm not weak...i'm eating pretty well...i'm not on drugs or alcohol etc...I can't understand it.

I don't think its a hayfever thing...bc its not that sever...just a runny and blocked nose everysingle day. :mad:

If it helps...i used to swim loads and used to get colds bc of wet hair and going home in the cold etc...but i've stopped swimming since November...and i've still got it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    You sure it's not a dust or pet allergy either? (haven't got experience of either - just severe hayfever - so it's just a suggestion) :)
  • Options
    Are you sure its not that mystery virus thing :crazyeyes

cos I've got a cold at the moment and I'm absolutely brickin it haha

seriously though, I'd suggest taking in plenty of vitamin C- either by loads of citrus fruit or fruit juice, or if not by vitamin C tablets. Other than that, if you suspect its hayfeevr take anti-histamines for a couple of days, and if it goes away you've found out the cause at least :)
  • Options
    My mate always brings orange juice in a bottle to school when he has a cold - one day it leaked in his bag and he was panicking, lol bless
  • Options
    Re: What do you do when you've got a cold...
    Originally posted by strawberrychild
    If it helps...i used to swim loads and used to get colds bc of wet hair and going home in the cold etc...but i've stopped swimming since November...and i've still got it.

Being cold doesn't actually give you a cold!!

I would suggest that you go and tell your doctor this. My friend suffered from a cold all year around and she had sinus problems! The doc sorted her out though. Good luck.
  • Options
    i had the flu real bad over new years and had the worst runny nose ever!! i had it for ages and it wouldnt go away so my mum bout me sinex decongestant nasal spray and it cleared it up almost immediately. as for getting the cold alot, you need plenty of vitamin C. Your body is also more prone to catching a cold if you get run down or stressed a lot. hope that helps. i really would suggest the sinex, its exellent!
  • Options
    If you are cold and wet, though, it makes you feel chilly, especially in a cold wind. Then you get home and the next day wake up to find you can't breathe, nose streaming......time for hot chicken soup again!