Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cruise Ships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone ever worked on one. If so how easy was it to get on one. What was the lifestyle like etc.

I've basically got till Sept when I neeed to find something to do. I feel like getting away from Blackburn, but can't afford to be paying for my own accomodation etc. Seriously need to save before going back to uni.

So basically I was thinking something like getting a 6month contract on a cruise ship would be ideal. But I don't know how to get into it, so any advice would be welcome.

Comments

• Options
    I am very interested in getting a job for a while on a cruise ship to preferably the disney one. However I'd be worried I'd get on a Titanic. Please do tell us about work on board a cruise ship though if anyone knows I eagerly await peoples posts.:)
  • Options
    I went through a phase of wanting to run off of to work on a cruise ship, I saw an advert in the paper so I sent off for an application pack thingy, the acency was run by a couple and sounded really good and well organised. The small print was that they wanted £500 from me to put my name on a database for potential jobs. Needless to say they didnt hear from me again :yeees:

Have a look at this, I found it quite interesting at the time