Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

forums

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, basically, my best mate runs a website for his band, but their forum keeps getting flamed up to the nines, is there any site that do free forums where you can approve membership?

i did a google search, but it was all a bit vague.

thanks
-zoe

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What about EZboard I think if you sign up (ie pay) for a supscription, then you get the ability to approve members. Not 100% sure though - you'll have to check.
    There are free BBS's out there that you can put on your own webspace. And you should be able to set those as members only (and approve members). Use the search engines to find them, use the word "freeware" in the search.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Do you know if your friend has access to a SQL database and PHP enabled on his webspace?

If so, PM me and ill be obliged to help, I admin the one at www.diffusiononline.net/forum for Sheldon.
    i doubt it, i mean he did the site in dreamweaver:eek:
    the forums keep getting flamed?
    is it cos the band is crap? :D
    not really, its just their young, so its all like 13 year olds on their site who have nowt better to do

ok, the sux a bit;)
    Yeah Ez Board are free but you get pop-ups if you don't pay for a Gold licence or summit. You might wanna also try, www.ikonboard.com - I THINK they will set it up for you too.
    Why don't you suggest they start a yahoo group? That has a message board and you can approve membership before hand.

My boyfriends band has one.

For interest:
    Their website
    Their yahoo group

What kinda music does your boyfriends band play?
    maggot punk

(pop punk)

they tried telling me they're going 'alt grunge' and i laughed at them, their lead singer looks about 8
    baculum
    theyve got some mp3s you can listen to, their alright considering their all 14-16