Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

For the men: do you prefer your girlfriend to wear gold or sliver jewellery?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you had a choice, which would you prefer your girlfriend to wear: gold or sliver jewellery?

I do not like gold (except wedding rings) but I really like sliver. It looks more sexy and it does not, in my mind, look so cheap (yes, I realise gold is more expensive).

Do you think maturity can be shown by whether a person likes gold or sliver, for older women tend to go for the former?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd want my bitch to be wearing silver.
    I love silver, and yes I think it does kinda show the maturity of the person. I don't want to offend anyone here, but in my own experience I have found that people who wear silver tend to have abit more style and class, and those who wear gold seem to be the loud mouthed kind of people. Now I know this isn't true for everyone because most peeps in my family like gold, I just mean it as an average. I think silver is soooo much prettier.
    I'm female & I prefer silver (or white gold). I do have a few bits of nice gold jewellery but in general I am usually seen wearing silver. :)
    I myself absolutely love silver. I've never been in to gold. Silver looks so much nicer.:)
    This is a post for the men - and only women have replied. lmao. :D
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    This is a post for the men - and only women have replied. lmao. :D
    Maybe it's cos men are more interested in tits and ass then what shade of jewellery they wear :p:D
    I love gold, it's all i wear.:)
    LOL. That's true Angelbabe but I like to consider all factors...
    uuuuuuum i kinda dont mind but i'll say silver:)
    Native American Indian style silver ones with the blue/green stone. (But I never tell people what to wear.)
    I prefer silver.

I only wear two rings. I silver thumb ring and a diamond ring which my boyfriend gave me. It is on a gold band but it is tasteful.

I think some jewellery can look tacky, like those awful "sovereign" style ones people buy in Argos. *Shudders*

I also hate all those necklaces with "Best Mum" written on. *Shudders some more*
    i dont really wear jewellery apart from 3 rings which are all gold. My wedding ring, my engagement ring, and my claddagh that my mum gave me. I do like silver a lot, and agree that gold can sometimes look cheap. I dont think of silver as something that shows maturity though, I think more alternative types of people often wear more silver, I think of it as quite studenty.
    Silver reminds me of aluminium. Gold all the way :D
    gold is like silver but more wee colour
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

I think some jewellery can look tacky, like those awful "sovereign" style ones people buy in Argos. *Shudders*

*is hurt*

I wear 4 sovereigns and one (used to be three. Lost one, other one got stolen) gold bands.

Its me bling :p
    Ewww, lots of tacky gold jewelry. No thank you! :yuck: The two things I hate are soverign rings, and those gold hoop earings with the naff patterns stamped on them. Ewww! So cheap, so nasty, so naff. :yuck:
    Gold only works when it's kept simple, otherwise I prefer silver.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Gold baby.
    White gold...

</posh bastard>

or silver

i suppose
    I hate gold, all the jewellery I have is silver or white gold! :D

Bling bling baby!! :p
    Deffinately Silver, White Gold or Platinum for me.
    if i did get a gold ring the band would have to be really thin.
    Platinum and diamonds ;)
    oh diamonds yeah.. i love sparkles.hehe

i envy posh n becks when they can just buy all that jewellry on a whim.

id love to go on a shopping spree in a jewellers esp. Tiffany's
    Originally posted by TRIXXX
    Tiffany's

:thumb:
    Some people look better in gold. some look better in silver. I prefer silver on myself. I think it looks alot nice and can also make you look as though you have a better tan :D
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Ewww, lots of tacky gold jewelry. No thank you! :yuck: The two things I hate are soverign rings, and those gold hoop earings with the naff patterns stamped on them. Ewww! So cheap, so nasty, so naff. :yuck:

Exactly what I think too! As seen on most 14 year olds pushing prams around town. :rolleyes:

I also agree with Seed, white gold is best :D
    I know it sounds silly but I think yellow gold looks really good on black/asian people, and silver looks better on white people.

none of those crappy sovereign rings tho, they look tacky as fuck and scream 'im a rudegirl wannabe'. Polyester and argos jewellery...staple items of todays teenagers!

Personally I wear a fair bit of 22k gold. Nice n shiney!!!
    yup, has to be silver or white gold....I prefer silver generally anyway but i have quite a pale complexion and very very (natural) blonde hair so gold tends to look a bit weird sometimes...
    :yes: Silver wins hands down :D
    This is wholly stereotypical, but when in the Midlands (particularly around Wolverhampton), the majority of women - regardless of age - seem to wear gold. This is most peculiar.

Again generalising, but, in your opinion, why do teenage mothers in particular wear so much gold? It looks cheap and nasty and suggests that they are 'hard.' Do they wear it so as to disguise their youth and to look mature? It is foolish.

Ahem.