Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Splinters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anybody know of an easy and painless way of getting a splinter out of your finger? I have one right now - don't know what it is, but doesn't look like wood to me... And *please* don't suggest anything to do with needles - I faint at the thought of them, so there is no way I am gonna stab one into my finger! (the damn thing can just stay there!) :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tweezers.

There is no painless way, unfortunately :S
    soak it in hot water for a while, makes it easier to get out.
    yea cos ur finger goes all pruney!
    the above responses combined!

and i know how you feel. Needles just freak me out yet i now give blood for some odd reason :eek2:
    i just dig them out with a needle....

put a little bit of TCP in some warm water and soak it for a little bit, then see if you can squeeze it out. if not, rock out the tweezers.
    I used to work in a factory making parts for showers out of brass. My fingers, and feet, always had some brass swarf stuck in them. That's like small splinters of metal. :eek: They were small and annoying, but tweasers didn't always work. One of the things I found worked quite well was to use a pair of nail clippers. You can use them to nip in to the skin and grip the splinter, or nip away the top layer or two of skin to enable the use of tweasers. Though there is a bit of a learnt knack to using the clippers.

Mr_Wobble ;)