Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Trips...Teacher or just fun?

I've done quite a few different types of trips in the past and never really got a great deal from them, in that I havent had any inspired understanding. Most were just fun and some very nasty.

Now I was in the 'dam recently and I did some mushies there (a rarity now I'm sooo old) and I really felt that there was something there is the background, I remember at one point I had this closed eye visual of standing in the corner of a court yard which I knew was some sort of university and too my left was a big teacher presence who was leading me to the center of the court yard but I couldnt concentrate enough to go with him. Which made me a bit sad but it was nice over all anyway.

Anyway, have you ever had a trip that you really felt you learnt something from?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Trips...Teacher or just fun?
    Originally posted by bongbudda

Anyway, have you ever had a trip that you really felt you learnt something from?

Only not to do them on xmas day :lol:
  • Options
    I think that shroomz are probably more "mind expanding", though it does depend on your setting. I always seem to have a definite compulsion to go outside when on shroomz as the whole world outside is so much more revealing than the 4 walls of your house. I think my biggest insight was probably the first or second time I did shroomz.

The first time I was with a friend who had also never done them and after eating our shroom soup, we journeyed to the nearby park (as in trees and grass, not the rec.). It was autumn and the leaves were extremely yellow and very prominent. I totally looked at nature in a completely different light. It was like all the man-made structures and people just disappeared as nature just jumped out to meet me. Also, everything seemed to be mushroom shaped!; the trees, the lamp posts etc. This made me realise that I had been taken nature and its beautiness totally for granted and I now have a much clearer respect for it.

The second time was when I was with my girlfriend at the time, and we ventured into town. As we reached the centre we sat on the bench and sat quietly,watching people walk past and listening to the general noises which seemed to merge together. We saw people rushing off here and there and we had a very deep and meaningful conversation about how much life is such a con, and that society had totally lost it's connection with what life was all about. It was almost like we had stepped out of what was considered reality and stepped into actual reality (bit like the matrix I suppose). We talked for ages about the fact that you work all your life in a dead end job 5 days a week with bills & mortgages etc. , and yet never have time to truely enjoy life and experience what it is REALLY all about. Not, that is, until you retire and even then you are too old and too lethargic to be able to LIVE life, then you die.

I'd say that there is definitely something very special and almost sacred about mushrooms, and I believe them to be quite spiritually enlightening and finally, they should definitely be respected!
  • Options
    i discovered the meaning of life on a mushroom trip.

no shit.

i couldnt even begin to describe it to you now so i wont bother trying, but it means as much to me now as it did at the time and makes as much sense and although it might not be a universal meaning that would be the same for everyone, i know that i reached my own personal enlightenment that day.

what a head fuck it was afterwards trying to deal with it though..... oh dear oh dear.
  • Options
    I've had a few trips in the past which have 'centered' me for want of a better term, just kind of put me in my place and shown me how small I am in context of everything, but not really in a bad way, but this was the first time that I felt that I was on the brink of really being taught something by this teacher presence.

I find it easier to belive that there is some mistical deeper understanding in shrooms, they are after all natural, cid always feels like and invading force to me. But then 5-meo-dmt is natural of sorts and that stuff is evil.
  • Options
    hmm.. I've learn lots of devilstick and contact juggling tricks while tripping....
    Most of them turned out to be near impossible while sober though (but i do have straight minded witness's to assure me that i was doing them).

Or were you meaning learning in a more spiritual way?

I could say i've learned a lot about myself and my perceptions while tripping... I could also say i learned about myself in the world and the part I have to play...

But isn't that just part of the trip?
  • Options
    I learned it`s not a good idea to wander too far from home until you`re really coming down without some means of getting back apart from walking.