Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Fave Comedian ??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I like Frank Skinner and Graham Norton. Very childish, simple kinda humour.

Don't really get Eddie Izzard, and I can't think of anyone else really :confused:

Your faves ??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Eddie Izzard is fabulous.
    And he's touring later this year.
    Whoooop:D
    I love Graham Norton, he is fabulous :lol:
    gotta love Mike Wilmott.

Dirty Canadian comedians rule!
    Ed Byrne, Ben Elton,

I can't stand Ross Noble, the "Geordie" comic.

*Shudders*
    Jack Dee is good. I used to like Rob Newman but hes seemed to have vanished.

Johnny Vegas cracks me up!
    There's tons of people I don't know the names of, on the comedy shows late at night on channel 5.

I can't stand the camp, bald, Scottish guy in the kilt though :mad:
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    I can't stand the camp, bald, Scottish guy in the kilt though :mad:
    I know exactly who you mean! He's on that Live Floor Show every Saturday. I think the audience only laugh because they're told too.
    Billy Connolly is by far the best. His stuff isn't scripted and he makes it all up as he goes along--now THATS a sign of pure genius in comedy. Graham Norton is just shite! He used to be funny, but now he just recycles his old gags...its always cock this, cock that..Ho bloody ho!
    I loved rob newman as well! What's happened to him? The Mary Whitehouse Experience was sooo funny.

I really like Henry Rollins. I don't know if he can be specified as a comedian. He's touring in April - u should definately go see his Spoken Word. Its hilarious.

:)
    Ooh, I forgot to say Billy Connelly as well! :D
    The Mary Whitehouse Experience was brilliant. That really launched baddiel's career.

Bill Hicks was excellent as well. How could I forget him?? :eek:
    Billy Connely by far. But there is also Eddie Izzard, lee Evand and Ricky Gervais.:lol:
    eddie izzard, lee evans, and billy connelly are very good. and rich hall. anyone know jethro? he is funny.

graham norton is a tosser, as is ben elton.

ahh, and rik mayall. lol. the young ones was class.
    Originally posted by Cheezie Grin

Bill Hicks was excellent as well. How could I forget him?? :eek:

How could you indeed ... The guy was the best ... and still cracks me up when I watch his stuff now even though I've seen it hundreds of times .... :D

Dennis Leary is top as well .... abrasive but very funny .....
    but for me apart from the genius that is Bill Hicks my favorite is Robin Williams back in the early days when he was doing stand-up .... Hysterically funny and if you can find a tape I recommend watching it .... :D
    ooh, Dennis Leary is hilarious! I forgot about him too! He's a bit sexy as well :blush:
    I like Billy Connolly, Ricky Gervais, Bill Bailey, Ben Elton before he went all political and dissapeared up his own rectum, Frank Skinner in his early stand-up days & Jasper Carrot (I don't care how uncool I am, this man is my hero. Sort of.)

I don't think Jack Dee is particularily funny, Eddie Izzard I can take or leave. I'm very bored of Graham Norton now - he only seems to have variations of 2 jokes. "I'm gay and wear horrible clothes" and constant sexual innuendo. It's just a bit old now.

The fast show lot are funny, as wereRick Mayall and that Edminson bloke when they were in Bottom.

Bring back Black Books channel 4! That was ace.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Ben Elton,

I used to love Ben Elton as a comedian, then I realised he already had a job as a fantastic writer, which is really not fair to other comedians who slog their guts out trying to be funny and nobody laughs at them. Its so unfair, people should only have one job, isnt that right Bumbles?
    Billy Connolly has to be the funniest man on the planet, pure comic genius! :D
    I don't mind Chubby Brown either, i didn't like him at all when i first saw a video of him, but i've come to appreciate his down right filthyness! :naughty:
    I like watching the Comedy Store and the Stand Up Show, you can get some hillarious stand ups on there.

Hmm, who else...Lee Evans is ok in small amounts. Smack the pony is hillarious!

*toddles off to watch a Billy Connolly video* :D