Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

lord of the rings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i finally got round to watching the first one last night (havnt seen the second one yet either)...

bit overrated i thought... whats all the fuss about!!

i mean the cinamagotraphy was spectacular and all but to be honest i thought some of the acting was shite! specially near the beginning.. who plays the main dude the ring bearer type guy... cause at the beginning i thought he was bollocks although to his credit he got much better as the film went on.

i thought it was a very good film overall but it certainly wasnt one of the best ive ever seen and really wasnt worthy of the hype....

i dunno maybe the second one will be better when i finally get round to watching that one.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: lord of the rings
    Originally posted by octopus of doom

it certainly wasnt one of the best ive ever seen and really wasnt worthy of the hype....

Fucking hell! Finally someone that agrees with me!
  • Options
    Re: Re: lord of the rings
    Originally posted by Kiezo

Fucking hell! Finally someone that agrees with me!

I agree to! I thought the second one was awful compared with the first one, just one big fight thing really, utter shite! I'm gonna have to watch the third one though, just to know the ending.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: lord of the rings
    Originally posted by angelbabe
    I'm gonna have to watch the third one though, just to know the ending.

or you could read the book??
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: lord of the rings
    Originally posted by angelbabe

I agree to! I thought the second one was awful compared with the first one, just one big fight thing really, utter shite! I'm gonna have to watch the third one though, just to know the ending.

I didn't even bother going to see the second one.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: lord of the rings
    Originally posted by octopus of doom

or you could read the book??

Me and reading just don't go! I havn't red a book for years. i wanna see it just so I've seen them all else I will wanna know what all the hypes about when it's released and everyone is going on about it again.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: lord of the rings
    Originally posted by Kiezo

I didn't even bother going to see the second one.
    Wise choice.
  • Options
    i wont even watch the trailers for the fuckin thing.

ive read the book many times since i was in primary school and it's still my favourite book.

dunno that anyone here is a keen reader but for me the film would completely ruin the book (like, i have my ideas of the characters in my mind).

to hear that the acting was dodgy is even more of an incentive to stay away.:yuck:
  • Options
    My wife is a huge fan so I have been to see both of the movies, I think the second one was marginly better than the first but both really dragged along and I found the middle parts of both really dull.

Was it only me who sniggered at a lot of the hyped up emotional bits, its so over the top, how your supposed to take that tripe seriously I dont know.

The fight sections were alright, and golom is good for a laugh but the rest is smoltz (is that how you spell it?) you know cheesy, over the top, grossly over played.
  • Options
    Well I like it(waits for hail of abuse from LOTR haters...)
  • Options
    I agree with Silverberg :yes: Like both the films
  • Options
    I fucking love both films and i'm reading the books. I think that if i'd read the books first then it would have been a little disappointing i suppose. But i really liked them:D
  • Options
    I have read the book several times and it is a classic but i also enjoyed the film interpretation. it was obviously not as good as the book but It is still a great story and they have put it inot film well enough..........
  • Options
    I think its just the nature of the film I dont like, I find it really hard to take the 'epic' seriously, it just makes me want to snigger.