Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Snarf, new forum....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, how about this everyone? You know how there has been some split feeling on Random threads, 'I'm bored' etc, well how about making a new forum for exactly those types of threads, while another one for general discussion. Jolt.co.uk has something like this, the blurb being 'a posthunters heaven' or something similar. So, Mods, peeps, what do you think? Decent idea, or stinkier than a week old pair of sweaty socks?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There are too many forums as it is!
    We've done this discussion before. It would kill both forums if you tried to split them up.
    But there are a few that are popular, 'A/G' 'sex' and 'politics' particularly. If people started posting in this new forum, then it wouldn't become obsolete like the 'announcements' forum. Added to that, people like posting randomness, so in all likelihood it would be used. Maybe the Mods need to have a rethink about the number of forums anyway, like 'announcements', and a few others. But I really think this new forum has some mileage!
    Trust me...no one would post in Anything Goes if we had that kinda forum :)

Good idea in theory.
    There's enough forums, we keep getting these threads with new forum ideas, but it won't happen.
    Why would it kill both forums? Some people like posting spam, others like more general stuff, but with a point to it. It would even out eventually, and both would be used IMO, not one over the other. Some people post exclusively in one forum, while others in more than one, while others never post in other forums etc. I do agree there are too many forums, but something should be done about it then. This new forum would simply be for people wanting to post random stuff, there would be no threat to anything goes. And this is the first thread I've ever seen for a new forum proposal btw.
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    Why would it kill both forums? Some people like posting spam, others like more general stuff, but with a point to it. It would even out eventually, and both would be used IMO, not one over the other. Some people post exclusively in one forum, while others in more than one, while others never post in other forums etc. I do agree there are too many forums, but something should be done about it then. This new forum would simply be for people wanting to post random stuff, there would be no threat to anything goes. And this is the first thread I've ever seen for a new forum proposal btw.

Simply because most people who post in Anything Goes post random crap. If they go to another forum there'll be no one here to start threads/reply and it'll just be boring.

Sure if we had like 10,000 active posters it'd be ok, but we dont. We only have say 50/60 on at a time at the most.
    Anything goes is a forum for anything, if there was another forum to post things like 'I'm bored', what would be the point in anything goes?
    Simply because most people who post in Anything Goes post random crap.

Yeah, well this is a bit of a sore point in this place....So, we've just got to enjoy it how it is then? Random shit mostly... :(

Yeah, well this is a bit of a sore point in this place....So, we've just got to enjoy it how it is then? Random shit mostly... :(

*pats your head* Its aaaaallright dont cry :p

We'll get over it :)
    *sniff* *sob* oh well, another great idea bites the dust... :( Thanks Lacy, ruined my day... :(

Oh well, random stuff, gotta go and start another essay... Woopee :rolleyes:
    I actually agree with TheKingOfGlasgow, maybe like a chit chat forum only?!
    Snarf! What a cute word.

I used to call my og snarf as a cute affectionate nickname.

Sorry for the randomness!!

I think we should have a chat room then there would be no need for crap, errrr, I mean "Im bored" threads!
    IRC channel.

Or brighten up the "Action and Volunteering" forum... :p
    i posted in that place before i was the last poster there for like a month
    Yeah, but the IRC is a bit of a pain tbh, and it's only good for well....chatting. With a 'chit chat' or spam forum things like word games, hello, ants et al threads can go in there. C'mon Mods, what do you think?
    King, I agree with you. tis a good idea :)
    people like posting randomness,

no they dontallypokallyokeykokally!

SHIBBY!

BO MY BITCH!

welcome to the house of cum.... ;);)
    ^^^^^^^^^

see, point proven... :rolleyes: :D
    ^^^^^^^^^

see, point proven... :rolleyes: :D

my point was to prove that point so we could have a new forum! :) I agree...
    Too many forums. :mad:

Need chat thingy. :thumb:

End Of. :)
    Maybe the mods should just check this thread and let us know one way or another. Personally I think a chat programme on here will kill it more than a chat board, since it goes against the whole format of thesite.org. Snarf...
    they need a chat room, that *is* a good idea, I can imagine a great evening of rambling in a chat room with all you brilliant fellow siters!
    *cough* IRC *cough*

A chatroom would kill this place, think about it. You have the option to chat for a few hours, or post some threads. I know when I have been on IRC, I hardly post here, and that's probably why there have been fewer threads around since IRC became better known.
    *cough* IRC *cough*

A chatroom would kill this place, think about it. You have the option to chat for a few hours, or post some threads. I know when I have been on IRC, I hardly post here, and that's probably why there have been fewer threads around since IRC became better known.

But that's what a chatroom is about. Chatting. You would go on there to kill a couple of hours taking about your horses and cat's teeth but people will still post for advice and stuff.

IMHO. Which really doesn't add up to much :p
    *cough* IRC *cough*

*still doesn't know what IRC is* :confused:
    IRC is a chat programme that's been around for ages (apparently) and thesite.org has its own 'room' there, where posters can go in and chat. Do a search for it coz it's been done a few times in the past couple of weeks.
    People won't really post for advice there, it's too fast, all in real-time. Boards allow people to think, and with a chatroom the very nature of the boards will be lost, i.e. people write something down and it gets shown on a virual noticeboard. Chatrooms don't really do this IMO.
    1 more forum is obviously too much, for our heads would all explode. Yes, one more forum would cause major confusion.

i agree with this, maybe change anything goes into more of a discussion board and make a new "total anything goes" board with nothing disallowed, aside from racism etc, as that kinda stuff is shit.
    sounds a waste of time, it's too spontaneous in chatrooms, you're right, on here you get time to *think* and fine-tweak your reply.