Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

my cats teeth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had to take my cat to the vet today because it seems really miserable and was dribbling. Anyway - he said I need to get her teeth cleaned (She's 10) and so she's going in on Friday.

it has to be done under anaesthetic...does any one have any experience of this? is it just routine?

Comments

• Options
    routine dnt worry
  • Options
    Re: my cats teeth
    Originally posted by byny
    I had to take my cat to the vet today because it seems really miserable and was dribbling. Anyway - he said I need to get her teeth cleaned (She's 10) and so she's going in on Friday.

it has to be done under anaesthetic...does any one have any experience of this? is it just routine?
    No, I haven't had my teeth cleaned while under anaesthetic. :D Oh, and neither have I had a cat that's needed it either. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    ooer, my cat is 15 and has never had his teeth cleaned.

i'll have to buy him a toothbrush.
  • Options
    It's routine, before my dads cat died he had a real bad gum infection and had to have the teeth cleaned, it's like with dogs you can buy special bones or something to help with bad breath and help with their teeth.