Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

DVD's and VCD's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know if it is possible to change a VCD into a DVD ?

Its just that we have been downloading films but can only watch them on a PC (I dont have one at home)

Any help would be great on this or directions to a site that has the info

Cheers

:D

Comments

• Options
    You can buy a DVD player that you can use VCD on...My one can. It takes fuckin ages to copy a DVD..

1. You seed the software to do it
    2. You have you rip sound and picture
    3. You need a DVD recorder

It's not very legal either..

There are some good sites about that will help you no end. Also downloading some of the software out site the US and Canada is against the law. PM me if you like.
  • Options
    Indeed I thought most DVD players will let you watch VCD anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Indeed I thought most DVD players will let you watch VCD anyway.

All the newer ones do.

Not the older ones, though.
  • Options
    you can "rip" dvd's to VCD or to DIVX, but only using a computer, you wont be able to buy a dvd ripper out of the shops as its kindof illegal! :p However, if you have a PC with a DVD drive, i can recommend this very good DVD BACKUP PROGRAM ;);)EasyDiVX

It will take 20-30 minutes to backup the dvd files (.vob's) to your hard drive, and they will require between 6 and 9 gigabytes of space. You can then compress the video (taking approx 3-4hrs) and the audio (1hr max) into a DiVX file, takin up 700-900 megabytes.

Then delete the vob files as they are no longer needed and away you go :)

Eul_Grepus does not condone or endorse video piracy in any way. This is for backup purposes of previously purchased DVD's only. :p hehehehehe
  • Options