Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Dilating Pupils!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it true that when you look at someone you like/lust/love your pupils dilate/get bigger?

Is it something that DOES happen or is it more a case of something that CAN happen?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it's something that does happen.

Of course it also happens if you take drugs, hence the confusion :D
    I know it can happen, not sure if it happens all the time though.
    Yeah, you also mimic the persons that you like movements…… I.e you are both sitting opposite each other and you go to pick up your drink. The other person does the same. Or they smile and laugh and you do the same. Apparently it happens without us even knowing!

Also they say that you point in the direction of the person to whom you are attracted to.
    Originally posted by Harmless

Also they say that you point in the direction of the person to whom you are attracted to.

Ok in what way do you point?! :lol:
    Originally posted by LacyMay

Ok in what way do you point?! :lol:
    Lol, with your body I guess.
    Body language says alot. Playing with your hair is a subtle flirt. So is casually touching arms when they are talking to you. Licking or rubbing your lips is subtle seduction also.

If someone is talking to you with their arms crossed or if their feet aren't pointing in your direction they're not that interested. Likewise if they tell you to "fuck off" :D
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Body language says alot. Playing with your hair is a subtle flirt.

A lot of girls have picked up on this one though and use it in every day situations to try and get what they want?

Am I right girls? :)
    I was getting adam to look at me the other day and see what happened to his pupils but nothing happend:(
    Originally posted by angelbabe
    I was getting adam to look at me the other day and see what happened to his pupils but nothing happend:(
    I don’t think that means shits. It mostly happens when you are relaxed and you wouldn't notice it that much. You forcing him to do it means that he isn’t relaxed!:p ;):p
    Originally posted by Harmless

I don’t think that means shits. It mostly happens when you are relaxed and you wouldn't notice it that much. You forcing him to do it means that he isn’t relaxed!:p ;):p

he probably thought I was mad :D
    Re: Dilating Pupils!
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    Is it true that when you look at someone you like/lust/love your pupils dilate/get bigger?

Is it something that DOES happen or is it more a case of something that CAN happen?
    gawd yes. Ive seen pictures of me looking awingly up at some boys........argh....and my pupils are waaaaay dilated. its embarrasing.
    hm i dunno about if ive done that....er....nicola.....noticed me like that around anyone i like?
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    hm i dunno about if ive done that....er....nicola.....noticed me like that around anyone i like?
    erm....I odnt PARTICUARLY look into your eyes so wouldnt know :rolleyes: You defiantely show it through language and the adoring gaze :p
    Originally posted by Pepsi_104

erm....I odnt PARTICUARLY look into your eyes so wouldnt know :rolleyes: You defiantely show it through language and the adoring gaze :p

Language?
    Adoring gaze? generally i cant make eye contact!:p
    Originally posted by Renzokuken

Language?
    Adoring gaze? generally i cant make eye contact!:p
    ...........ok adoring gaze at the back of their head
    God if thats true then God help poor moe (a friend...who i fancy)...no wonder he neva looks at me wen i see him...he must see my pupils gettin massive as he does notice eyes a lot!!!
    Originally posted by Pepsi_104

...........ok adoring gaze at the back of their head

bah you know i mean:p

oh well im screwed with latest one even though people all know apparently
    I never noticed this kind of thing before, when i fancy someone i don't think about what their pupils are doing!!
    How abotu that hair playing thing then?

If a girl starts playing with her hair does she DEFINITELY fancy you and her body language has taken control of her or can she be sending of flirty signals just for fun/ needs/flirting/nothing on purpose?

If a girl starts playing with her hair does she DEFINITELY fancy you

Nope

:lol:
    Originally posted by KinkyRed

Nope

:lol:

Explain yourself wench! :D
    Obviously I don't just mean playing with her hair. I mean playing with it while talking to you, grinning, eye contact. Can girls put that on when they need it or does the body language take over?

Explain yourself wench! :D

What explanation is needed? I simply answered your question

:p

What explanation is needed? I simply answered your question

:p

Well I've added new detail now so answer again...

Wench! :p

Well I've added new detail now so answer again...

Wench! :p

That'll be a pint of ale to qualify my wench status, then I shall answer again.

If a girl starts playing with her hair does she DEFINITELY fancy you and her body language has taken control of her or can she be sending of flirty signals just for fun/ needs/flirting/nothing on purpose?

We all send out signals unbeknown to us. Very few can be controlled. Playing with hair is one. But you are right some women play this to their advantage. I'm taking about unconciously (sp?) sending out signals. Lightly touching or brushing your arm whilst talking. Facing you. Feet position. Amount of eye contact.

I am about 99.9% sure though SirCum, if she strips naked, cups you and calls you her bitch then your onto something. :p
    Actually I'm trying to decide if when my fucking partner is playign with her hair, smiling and eyeing a barman while getting a deal on drinks, she knows she is doing it and turning on the charm or she actually fancies the man.

Pint of ale coming right up for Kinky. I take it you like head?
    Actually I'm trying to decide if when my fucking partner is playign with her hair, smiling and eyeing a barman while getting a deal on drinks, she knows she is doing it and turning on the charm or she actually fancies the man.

Pint of ale coming right up for Kinky. I take it you like head?

Plenty of head please mate.
    And yes, I suspect she's doing it deliberately - trust me, it works like a charm :D
    How abotu that hair playing thing then?

:blush: I used to do this all the time my friends found it funny, it's just when you're around people you like you need to do something with your hands so you just play with your hair!
    And yes, I suspect she's doing it deliberately - trust me, it works like a charm :D

I agree. I used to work the bars and talking from experience the flirty women always get served first.