Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Chat with the Minister for Europe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Politicians don’t listen, do they?

Hopefully this one will.

TheSite.org is proud to announce it will be hosting an online discussion right here on these boards with the Minister for Europe, Dr Denis MacShane. He will answer your questions about the Euro, expansion, what EU politicians actually do and much, much more.

This is when it’s happening:

Thursday 13 March 2pm: Dr MacShane will come on the politics board and introduce himself and outline some of the areas he is able to discuss. You’ll then have a whole week to post your questions.

Thursday 20 March 2.30 - 3.30 pm: He’ll be back on the boards to answer your questions from the week. You will then get the opportunity to reply to his answers before he posts his final responses.

Monday 24 March: Final response from the Minister

click here

The Minister assures us he will try and answer all questions that come through, dependent on time available. The discussion is taking place to coincide with ‘Spring Day in Europe, 2003’. Find out more
here

Comments

• Options
    I think this is a brilliant idea!

Is he able to answer questions about anything at all to do with Europe?

(for example I would like to ask him about European wide agreements on the environment)
  • Options
    Nice idea!!
    Will this possibly happen more often with other people aswell?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I think this is a brilliant idea!

Is he able to answer questions about anything at all to do with Europe?

Pretty much, he'll outline the areas he will be able to talk about in his first session, but if you ask questions related to Europe he should be able to answer for you or tell you who could provide you with information...

...oh and yes, if this goes well we do plan to do more of them

Susie :)
  • Options
    Oooooh sounds like a good idea.

I was bored, by the way, so I found some pictures of him, it's nice to put a face to a name :DHere

and

here

what would you do without me, and the mindnumbingly boring lunchtimes at college? :p

edited to add, he's the one on the left
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie

...oh and yes, if this goes well we do plan to do more of them

Susie :)

Well, I think this is a cool idea. So I hope it all goes well:)
  • Options
    Re: Chat with the Minister for Europe
    Originally posted by Susie
    Dr MacShane will come on the politics board and introduce himself

I hope he's going to indrotuce himself in the 'Introduce Yourself' Forum! :rolleyes:

It is a good idea, I don't think I can think of a question to ask him though, so I'll steer clear of the politics forum today then!(I never go in there anyway!)