Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I got money I don't want

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have quite a lot of money. Not billions, but quite a lot. I just, don't know what to do with it. I'm in an unhappy part of my life at the moment, and I was wondering if I convert this money to happiness?

I mean, I don't know what I could buy that would cheer me up. I want to be cheered up and the money is just lying there.....

Any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    YES!

send it to me
    give it to me! i have debts..*points to irc chat window* lmfao, just kidding..why not go go karting?
    Please send it to the following address....

Nah only joking why not spend it on a day out go some where and enjoy yourself! and if you really can't decide what to spend it on then put it to good use and donate it to a charity or something! :)
    Chocolate. For me of course. It's impossible to eat chocolate and be depressed simultaneously.
    would go go karting but mates wont be up for it... i just want something frivoulous....

i dont know :confused:

(I ain't giving it to anyone, unless i get seriously depressed then I'm giving it to charity)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I used to feel like that, I'd recommend you put it into a savings account such as an ISA, and leave it to make money for a rainy day :)
    yeah just keep it, you'll be glad for it later.
    Take Laura out for a night?
    xxx
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    Take Laura out for a night?
    xxx

Lol for some reason I don't think so...

What's an ISA?

I know little of banking...
    why dont you spend it on a completely new wardrobe?

you could ghet new shoes as well, and then, hire out a limo (wear your new clothes and shoes) and go down to the westend (with laura) and see a show.

or go and see '1984' at the haymarket (opposite clock tower), its sposed to be real good :p:)
    oh yeah forgot you lived in leicester badabing. I think I might invest it. I don't know why but the idea of accumulating wealth appeals to me. Not that I need the money, or know what to do with it, but getting more feels good :D
    you can give it to me, i think i just broke my computer, so it would be for good use
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

Lol for some reason I don't think so...

What's an ISA?

I know little of banking...

Try looking here for information on ISA's , this is probably the ISA you need :)
    Go out with Laura one night. Save the rest, even if it's something simple like putting it in a deposit or high interest account. It'll come in useful someday, and then it will make you happy. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Giving away the money will give you happiness; hint hint.

Fraipas
    how much money are we talking here? millions? if I had that much I'd launch my music career and donate to charity.
    knowing me id spend it all on fags. But youre not me. And you probably dont want fags. So id suggest taking friends or laura out. Or spending it on fags. Ok im no help.
    Cripes, after about the third person saying it the whole "give the money to me" thing started wearing a little thin :rolleyes:

Shyboy, how much money are we talking about here? If it was me I'd get one thing I really want, say a computer, a few games/cds/dvds whatever and save the rest for when the time comes when you go to uni or get your first car, it'll definately come in handy.
    Save it.
    Though donating a small bit of it to charity, certanly won't make you nor the charity feel any worse.
    save it, its not about happiness, its about security for the future. I had a small trust fund which i used as a deposit to buy my house, I wouldnt have been able to buy it without that contribution. Youll really appreciate having a bit tucked away when youre a bit older.
    You could invest in buying me a really nice guitar if you want? lol or just put it in a savings account and wait for it to turn into a small fortune for when you leave school.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    save it, its not about happiness, its about security for the future. I had a small trust fund which i used as a deposit to buy my house, I wouldnt have been able to buy it without that contribution. Youll really appreciate having a bit tucked away when youre a bit older.
    Wise words O' Great One! Listen to her shyboy. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)