Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

IRC unoffical chatroom thingy...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyone on the IRC channel for this place? Trying to get on but it's going to the chat screen, but where the chat takes place is just a grey screen. The navigation bar says, load: class Chat not found? Anyone else having a problem? Managed to get on it once before...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im in it, but i dont understand what ur trying to do or going on about sorry :razz:
    Erm, Soz KoG, I've never experienced that, and don't know how to fix it, soz:(
    See the bit where the text comes up? That box doesn;'t have any text in it, it's just a block of greyness... I can;t type in it at all. Weird...
    erm, when Kiezo or lil_kazzy get back I will direct them here, I don't know how to fix your problem, sorry
    Very confused! :confused: just downloaded the chat thingy and then when I had to select which room to go to the site isn't up on the list! so I tried to type it in and join and it said unable to join address banned! ooooo! what does it mean?! :confused:
    you peoples was naughty!!

gettin all banned 'n stuff

:p
    Re: IRC unoffical chatroom thingy...
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    Trying to get on but it's going to the chat screen, but where the chat takes place is just a grey screen. The navigation bar says, load: class Chat not found? Anyone else having a problem? Managed to get on it once before...

Yeah same happened to me earlier..and I'd been on it before. It's easier to just download the thing rather than try and sort out the grey screen.
    If you do a search on here, search for 'chat room' and look at the main one that comes up (I think it's by Tweety).
    She made a post with a link to the download which you can do. It doesn't take very long and it's pretty easy. It'll save you having to go through the java malarky every time and will save your nickname and stuff.
    Go to mIRC
    In the menu on the left hand side, click the 'Download mIRC' button
    There is a list of places, find the 'mIRC 6.03 in the UK' (there are two) and click one.
    Begin the download and save it.
    When it has downloaded, open mIRC
    Fill in the details and press Enter./OK
    In the bar at the bottom type:
    /server irc.quakenet.org
    Leave it to connect to the server
    close the join channel prompt box
    type:
    /join #thesite
    and ur in
    Re: Re: IRC unoffical chatroom thingy...
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    If you do a search on here, search for 'chat room' and look at the main one that comes up (I think it's by Tweety).
    She made a post with a link to the download which you can do. It doesn't take very long and it's pretty easy. It'll save you having to go through the java malarky every time and will save your nickname and stuff.

She did make a post, cause shes great!:D :lol:

Ok i was bored!
    Originally posted by Mz Stonedalot
    Very confused! :confused: just downloaded the chat thingy and then when I had to select which room to go to the site isn't up on the list! so I tried to type it in and join and it said unable to join address banned! ooooo! what does it mean?! :confused:

are you def on Quakenet?
    Think he's sorted it now unless the one in there at the moment is a imposter :lol:
    Defo got on, thanks for the help guys! :D
    ha ha ha, all you nutbags that think that a monkey can run a computer better than me... i finally realized how to connect to the stupid thing... but now i think i messed up still, cuz it says people are on it, but nobody talks... or maybe its just filled with people with no fingers... or is there a reason that nobody talks?
    Originally posted by my_name
    ha ha ha, all you nutbags that think that a monkey can run a computer better than me... i finally realized how to connect to the stupid thing... but now i think i messed up still, cuz it says people are on it, but nobody talks... or maybe its just filled with people with no fingers... or is there a reason that nobody talks?

Yeah they do that, they leave it open whilst away. Normally says there are away tho.
    I expect at 3am everyones asleep!:p :D