Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Too WAP or not too WAP

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone use WAP on their phone? My phone has the capability but I just never use it. When I got it I got a free months use but it was crap. Limited sites and functions. Now it's not free costs about £1/minute. Useless if you ask me!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont have WAP on my phone.

Even if i did, i wouldnt use it. What a waste of (expensive!) time.
    I used wap when it first came out a couple of years ago. I had a 7110, it was ok but not much good for anything.

There are a few fun things you can do on it while waiting for a train or something but thats about it.

I used to have a service on orange where you could type in a car registration and it got the details from the DVLA such as colour year and engine size.........meh

:D
    its too expensive, and they con you even more by making it take ages to load up a particular page.

they dont have any of the pages i tried to put in so its a bit shit really.
    i dont use mine.
    I've got GPRS, so I only pay for what I download, not the amount of time I'm connected. I only use it to download polyphonic ringtones, games etc. for the phone, though.

As you said, it has limited sites and functions, and I'm not in that much of a hurry to go online when I'm out :p

[random]
    I remember seeing a message board once, where you could login and post through your phone.
    [/random]
    [Pedant]
    It's *to* wap.
    [/Pedant]

Anyway I have wap on my phone but don't use it because it's useless. The only thing that is goodis either checking train times, which I rarely need these days because I have a car and I always forget you can do anyway, or trying that "find my nearest" thing which only has about two buildings in it otherwise just says "unknown" or whatever.
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    I've got GPRS, so I only pay for what I download, not the amount of time I'm connected. I only use it to download polyphonic ringtones, games etc. for the phone, though.

:yes: that's what I've got too, and I've only used it for downloading ringtones, doesn't cost much at all.
    Originally posted by Mist
    [Pedant]
    It's *to* wap.
    [/Pedant]

Duly noted and changed. Thank You for the english lesson. Oh, mistake by you. :p
    The only thing that is goodis either checking

Try "that is good, is either"

Moo! :p:):p
    my dad said it makes you go blind.
    I had it on my old phone but never used it so I havn't bothered to get it on my new phone.
    [Pedant]
    It's *to* wap.
    [/Pedant]

:yes:
    i have wap on my fone and i use it wen i need to know a train time. but that is all coz i dunno what else it does.

i get 300 freemins y'see, but wap kills ya battery.

Edited coz b4 it didnt make sense.
    I've got a Samsung a300 (a little flippy phone for all those who aren't fluent in Carphone Warehouse lingo!!)

It's got WAP, I've never used it, don't know how, and can't be arsed wasting my time and money learning. Besides, I spend too much time on this bloody computer to justify using the Net on my phone as well!!

Reminds me of my Dad... "I want a phone to ring people, not for bloody text messaging shite and the internet..." Get with the times, old geezer ;)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I get free wap, always use it to check sports scores, train times, cinema listings etc. If I had to pay, I'd say forget it!

And as Lisa said, it sucks all the juice outta ya battery :D
    Originally posted by JsT
    And as Lisa said, it sucks all the juice outta ya battery :D

well i didnt quite say it like that did i? :p
    I had unlimited free WAP all year with my previous o2 contract but used it a maximum of 10 times, even though it cost nothing!

WAP is crap because there are only limited services. Its not bad for checking cinema times or even your emails (except they dont do hotmail, just o2mail or yahoo) but the thing takes more time and effort than it is worth.

if I had to pay for WAP I certainly would never use it!!
    I get 300 free minutes of WAP a month but for the 10 months or so i've had this phone for i've never used it!
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    my dad said it makes you go blind.
    Sorta. My Ericsson has WAP, and I used it a few times, just out of curiosity. But i feel stupid reading into that tiny display.
    A web page on a 17" monitor is way better (and way cheaper too).