Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Beginning to annoy me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Right, im a guy, so i loose interest in things very quickly, but the one thing i have kept my mind at, just isnt bloody working.

Since i got back from Uni, and started eating mums cooking etc, ive put on a load of weight (bout 30Kg) and ive been desperately trying to loose it again, but to no avail. I train for rugby once a week, which is a constant 2 hr session of physical training. Ive started going for runs every evening, and i still cant seem to loose this weight. im stuck on just over 100kg (im 6foot2, im sure its not healthy to weigh this much) and its really beginning to get me down.

Anyone got any ideas on how i can shift this weight? if anyone has done this before, how did ya do it? Any advice would be helpful :)

Cheers
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the exercise sounds ok but you probably should alter your diet as well, especially if you see that as the root of the problem.........
    I have cut down on eating crap, no chocolate stuff like that. i eat hardly any fried food anymore (apart from 2 banana pancakes last night, im sorry, but i had just finished a 2 hour rugby session, i needed something for the pain :p!!) ARRRRGHH I HATE IT! :banghead:
    First things first-

get your head around it mentally and stop worrying.
    Sometimes these results can take a few weeks,

But you you say you do a two hour rugby session once a wk?
    If you seriously want to get in shape why not try to train more-a 2hr session wont suffice for losing sufficent weight each week.

Most of the weight loss will be done by watching you eat-
    Why not go the gym or something?
    I live in a small country called Gibraltar, there a 2 gyms, one is decrepid, the other is in the posh housing estate and costs something like 700 quid a quarter to be a member, FUCK DAT im afraid.

The 2 hrs a week is helping, i feel good when im done, but i just cant seem to shift the stomach. im thinking a 45 min run followed by a load of crunches/situps might help

god knows,

*continues banging head :banghead:
    My Story

Aright mate, my name's Gary from Scotland. I'm 22. Over the last 3/4 years I have slammed on the weight. I used to be about 11/12st but went right upto 16st (at xmas time) due to lack of exercise and loads of overeating combined with alcohol.
    I decided after Christmas that I wanted to get back down to proper size. First of all, I checked out what weight I should be for my height. I done this on www.weightresources.co.uk. They'll ask you if you'd like to subscribe but don't bother, just do it your own way. It turns out for me that my ideal safe weight is 12st 11lbs. That gave me a target to reach. If I lose 2lbs a week, by June 29th I'll be at my target weight.

So, now that I know where I am going and what weight I need to be an also how long it's going to take, I need to take action.

Now, I've been at this since xmas and am now 15st, that's 1 stone in just over 2 months. My advice to you is.......

1. FOOD - Always have the things you want to have (ie your 2 banana pancakes), but only now and again. You must have breakfast in the morning cos this starts your metabolism. I have bran flakes with banana or brown toast. For lunch I have a sandwich and some Quakers 10% fat crsips. I also, occasionally have Indian's, Chinese's or Italians but only as a treat!! You must plan ahead. It's simple once you get into a routine. Never ever cut all the good things out or you'll never last. Weight loss is something you will need to keep up or once the weight has came off and you stop the good habits you'll simply put it back on again.
    One other thing - on everything you eat always read the calories. Men I think are supposed to have about 2500 per day. If you want to lose weight you should eat 500 less than that!

2. EXERCISE. - I am now more active too, I play 5 a-side football 3 times a week, badminton once and the gym the other time. I am lucky that I have sports to play as I know I could not do the gym 3 times a week cos it bores the pants off me (apart from staring at tidy burds). Try and arrange with a mate to play something competitive, like badminton, so that you can keep your mind on sometrhing whilst exercising. It's a lot easier.

3. ALCOHOL - This was one of my biggest problems. Far too much pints of lager. I now drink Vodka and Diet Coke which has far less Calories and am seeing the benefits.

Good luck mate - just keep the head down and you'll soon see the results.

I must have lost about 2lbs just writing this note!!!!!
    Cheers - Gary.
    Hi Gary, thanks for that, it was just the thing i was looking for. do you really lose 2lb every week? thats awesome! im sure if i could do that id loose this belly in no time!!

Thanks once again!¬
    Exercise is rubbish, those who are healthy don't need it and those who are sick shouldn't take it.
    Originally posted by ebb
    Exercise is rubbish, those who are healthy don't need it and those who are sick shouldn't take it.

yes but then how are these people healthy if they dont exercise?
    Re: My Story
    Originally posted by funkyhouseboy11
    I checked out what weight I should be for my height. I done this on www.weightresources.co.uk. They'll ask you if you'd like to subscribe but don't bother, just do it your own way. It turns out for me that my ideal safe weight is 12st 11lbs.

Always depressing how many people put faith in those BMI/ideal weight things
    I'm 5 foot 11, I'm pretty skinny but I weigh in at 10 stone, been this for about a year now, I've got a beer gut, but I don't care about that, I'm worrying that I am too slim, I need to build up my arms, my upper arms are fine but my lower arms are pretty small, any ideas?? :confused:
    Originally posted by Mr Maypoo
    I'm 5 foot 11, I'm pretty skinny but I weigh in at 10 stone, been this for about a year now, I've got a beer gut, but I don't care about that, I'm worrying that I am too slim, I need to build up my arms, my upper arms are fine but my lower arms are pretty small, any ideas?? :confused:

Well then its advisable you go to the gym if you want to bulk yourself up abit, you could always put abit more weight on, ironic really. But i'm 6 foot 1 and weight around 12 stone, i go to the gym, run alot etc and my body is very toned. Keep at it and you will see results!
    Originally posted by Nash

Well then its advisable you go to the gym if you want to bulk yourself up abit, you could always put abit more weight on, ironic really. But i'm 6 foot 1 and weight around 12 stone, i go to the gym, run alot etc and my body is very toned. Keep at it and you will see results!

Putting weight on is harder than losing weight! :rolleyes:
    Well that doesn't apply for everyone i'm afraid!!