Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Concerts!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hiya!
So anyone been to any decent concerts lately?
I saw alicia keys not that long ago but I didnt think she was actually that good.
Ive got tickets for Nelly at wembley but hes persponed it! Argh!
Im seeing blue in december - coz i cant resist ducan !
So what you guys been to? What you planning to go to?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I SAW AVRIL LAVIGNE! Sorry. It was for free, in Virgin on the Champs Elysess(sp?), she was doing a promo for her album :) That was the week before last, and i didn't know it was happening, just happened to be in there at that time. Other than that, apart from a few friend's bands i saw, i haven't been to any gigs since Reading last year. I thought about getting tickets to see Feeder last month, but didn't get round to it, so didn't go. Ah well, i've seen them three times already :D
  • Options
    havn't been to a concert in... weeks! oh the horror and poor withdraw :crying:

but i go to crappy ones anyway, it doesn't matter
    last one was authority zero and no use for a name i think
  • Options
    I have been to two concerts so far in my life one was in London in Hyde Park called Party in the Parks and the second one was named the same but took place in the South:D I love concerts I can't wait to go to another one:D
  • Options
    Last year, me and the CookieMonster went to the Big Beach Boutique 2 and that was awesome. Seeing the Midfield General, John Digweed and of course the mighty Fatboy Slim!! We also saw Moby at Wembley Arena and he was the mutts nuts. In December, I saw Madness perform with my mate Matt and ObviouslyBlonde at London Arena and they were at their nuttiest! Great fun!

Also saw The Boss a few years back, with The E Street Band. A fabulously talented group of people.

And how could I forget The Prodigy!!
  • Options
    Best concert EVER: U2 in Barcelona, 8th August 2001 :D

apart from that, am going to see both Nelly and Matchbox Twenty, and last wek I got to see Feeder :D
  • Options
    I saw Feeder a couple of weeks ago and they were brilliant.:D
  • Options
    Re: Concerts!
    Originally posted by In_ya_face
    Im seeing blue in december - coz i cant resist ducan !

watch it hes mine! ;) I so wanted to go and see them but the tickest had sold out, same for the Justin Timberlake concert :(
  • Options
    concerts

Saw sound tribe sector nine last night and I'm going to see Godspeed! You black Emperor tonight!! Also got my tickets for Bonnaroo festival. Here is half of the line up
  • Options
    The last concert I went to was Savage Garden in 2000, going to see Matchbox 20 in 3 weeks can't wait.
  • Options
    goin 2 metallica/linkin park and then slane and chillis,foo fighters,queens of the stone age,feeder are at slane.
    and hopefully goin 2 get to go 2 ozzfest this year again cuz missed out on ozzy last year when he didnt show up.
  • Options
    Electric Six @ The Concorde 2
    Truly off the wall!
  • Options
    One of the best gigs I ever saw was Smashing Pumpkins and Cardiff University.
    And Nirvana playing Reading festival when Kurt came on in a wheelchair.
    Hole were good in TJ's Newport too - I have some great black and white photos ...Daisy chainsaw played too.
    REM were fab at Glastonbury a few years ago and last year Bobby Con was fantastic.

I saw David gray a few months back and Electric 6 a couple of weeks ago, small venue but brilliant.

There was also the Rollercoaster tour with the Jesus and mary chain a few years ago (AGES ago) and Oasis in 94 were great but they are shit now.
    I went to see the Shamen in Bristol, they were great , and PJ Harvey too...oh the gigs I have known!
  • Options
    Last "professional" band I saw live were Reel Big Fish. Going to see Finch next week though.

Will be going to a battle of the bands tomorrow and on Tuesday I saw three unsigned bands, one of them my boyfriends.