Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

There isnt a computer section so im putting this here

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need some help, if anyone out there knows there way around Solaris, please PLEASE let me know, i have a major prob and i cant work it out :( i think im gonna cry *sympathy plz*

Comments

• Options
    Post the prob and I'll ask the Solaris guys here at work
  • Options
    Re: There isnt a computer section so im putting this here
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    I need some help, if anyone out there knows there way around Solaris, please PLEASE let me know, i have a major prob and i cant work it out :( i think im gonna cry *sympathy plz*

I know a bit of Solaris...so I cal try and help!

The computer section here is known as the net.

:D
  • Options
    Thanks both of you, heres the prob, when my workmate left the company, he left me this pc with solaris running a webserver on it. It has a load of Orielly text books in pdf format on it, for the employees to use as a reference. now the problem is, even tho i have all the dns settings etc, this solaris box cannot see the outside world, and i want to use it for testing. any ideas on what might need changing??
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    any ideas on what might need changing??

ummm...nope! :o

It'll have to be NinjaMasters's Solaris guys :)
  • Options
    I'll check with them. They're away for lunch. I'll PM you if I get an answer Eul
  • Options
    Cheers ninja, thing is Alex (the guy who used to have this box) was a unix god, and i cant seem to get intouch with him, hes normally on Yahoo but not just now :(