Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Aaaaargh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone :)

OK it's gonna be long but pleaseee help!!

Last weekend my boyfriend lost his mobile phone (it blew out his window while driving :lol: ) but because it's a long distance relationship, he is in the army it's hard when we don't talk & text all week. We had a great weekend & i didn't want him to go back.
Anyway, because he lost his mob he could only call me from a pay-phone which costs loadz & I couldn't ring it back so we only spoke on the Tuesday & again on Thursday when I was in a really bad mood!! Waaaa :( Soooo he comes home on Saturday & comes to see me at work, we were fine & happy n' he said he'd pick me up at 5. Had a great day, 5 o'clock comes & my day goes well downhill :( We had a pathetic arguement about him going out & we agree he should go (NOT SPLIT UP) He storms out & I cry!!!!

Sunday - I hear a noise (still haven't heard from bfriend) it was my letter box, i go see & find my engagement ring (that he wore round his neck) some money he had of mine screwed up in a ball. Of course I run out just as he is pulling away. Get into the car, tell him I love him blaa blaa blaa, he says "Get out of my car" I tell him how I feel . . . "get out of my car" Got out, cried again & haven't heard from him since. I can't ring him because he hasn't got a mobile, the only thing I could do is text his mum say "Can you get Paul 2call me please, I need to talk to him" & see what happens. But then what do i say?! We usually get on great, we can talk about anything & he makes me soooo happy. But what do I tell him?!

Sowwie for going on but I really need advice, he is worth the shit I go through, I love him so much.

Thanks in advance xxxxxx

Comments

• Options
    Unless you're not telling the whole story then it sounds to me like he is over reacting slightly to all of this! You had an argument, and everyone has those. Everyone fights with their partner and they storm off and sometimes take a few days to cool off. However, it seems that your boyfriend has reacted in a very odd manner.

Was everything alright between you before that? You say he is away a lot - could he have another woman? Is there a deeper reason you argued?
  • Options
    No that is the whole story!!! Yeah everything was great before this last week, it was just strained with him not having a mobile!!

He definatly hasn't got another girl. He comes home to see me every weekend & during the week we are always on the phone, every minute possible! I don't know what to do though!! When you said deeper reason I think that he might have got the impression I didn't trust him (with him going out) but I do!!!! What would you do or say 2 him?! Im soooo confused :confused:

Love Mwaaaa xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mwaaaa
    He definatly hasn't got another girl.
    The whole point in having a cheating partner is that you don't actually know about it! I wouldn't rule it out because the way he reacted was well over the top!!!!
  • Options
    I know how hard it can be with not seeing or talking to your boyf for a long time. Im in the same situation. However, BumbleBee is right, it does sound like he over reacted just a tad. I think maybe you should do as you said, ask his mum to pass on the message to ring you. Then if and when you do talk, tell him that you're unsure why all this is happening. Maybe you both misunderstood you're argument and he took offense to something you said?

Good luck :)
  • Options
    He called

Paul rang me last night, what a dick!!! He bascally said, "Mum told me to call u, what you want?" No hiya nothin!!! So I told him that we need to talk and that I know that he is pissed off but just wanted to know what happened! He then said, "Sorry I will call you later,I've got to go!Batterys low" Wahoooo :) so rang 1471, got his number just incase he didn't call back! So then he rang me again and we spoke, well I did! He just listerned! But it wasn't happening! So I txt him later on, sayin exactly how I felt blaaa blaaaa n' we start txtin! But we are still discussing so I will keep you updated! Aaaaah x
  • Options
    Sounds like you have it sorted yourself anyway.
    It would be a shame to waste what appears to be a good relationship for no reason! Good luck!
  • Options
    Just a minor thought (everyone else has said the important stuff i think!)...

He's in the army right? Maybe he's a little stressed and emotionally upset at the moment because of our political situation. I speak from experience - my boyfriend's spending his gap year in the army and his entire regiment just went out to the gulf, leaving him behind. He was really down, quiet and moody for days and hasn't been himself. Maybe that's what was making him react so violently?

I may be barking up completely the wrong tree but thought it was worth a mentin.