Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

parenting style

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Kat, your parenting style is Type II

You give your children the freedom to explore and interact with their world as they see fit. Research shows that children raised by Type II parents tend to grow up to become curious, socially active, and spontaneous people.

http://www.emode.com/tests/parentingstyle/

hmm

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Same here. :)
    Im also type II...although im only young and have no kids! :blush:
    im type 2 as well, but apparently without making some checks on my parenting style, my children may grow up to be overly impulsive and less independent than their peers.
    What a load of bollocks, or i could do it their way and have a mini robot. I bring Lenny up the way I was brought up, with love and affection. there is no right or wrong way to parent, its all down to the individual childs needs.
    *Me*:p ... your parenting style is Type I

You make sure your children follow household rules. Research suggests that children raised by parents who use this style of parenting often grow up to have good levels of self-esteem and a strong personal, ethical code.

But without the proper checks on your parenting style, your kids could start to exhibit aggressive behavior.

Don't unknowingly handicap your child's chances of achievement and development as a person. Find out how you can prevent behavior you don't want to see in your kids while encouraging the traits you want your kids to develop.
    i cant take the quiz...its blocked over here for sum bizaar reason...will try again later!
    Type 1
    it wont let me join:mad:
    it says theyve already got my email address in their database, when i DEFINATELY havent signed up for it as the thought of my parentin style never crossed my mind.

no wonder i get so much shit mail:lol:
    """"...your parenting style is Type IV

You offer your children a lot of freedom and independence. Research shows that your parenting style yields strong-willed, capable, and independent children. """""

ask me again when i have kids, and i will give you the proper answers. its hard to answer when you dont have sprogs, or you consider yourself an adult, and dont really need your parent's parenting skills anymore.
    I got type one