Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Rural or urban?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are you a city person or a country bumpkin? Do you have a lust for the 24hour life, or are you happier lazing the days away in a field listening to the cows?

Put simple, what's best, city or country?

Comments

• Options
    City, definitely.

The bigger, the better.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Gentleman
    Rural-ness is just fine for me. Less stressful. What about yourself, Mist?

I like a healthy mix of the two. Yes.
  • Options
    Country.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'm happy living on the rural/urban fringe :p

Nah, I've got the city 20mins away - country 20mins away the other side - I'm happy :D
  • Options
    I live in a village. 20 minutes away is a town, 30 minutes away is a town. IT's a big village with lots of shops, I love living here. It's beautiful as well. I wouldn't like to live in a town or a city, they are too busy for me and I hate the smell of pollution.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lore
    City, definitely.

The bigger, the better.

*agrees*
  • Options
    definetly a big time city gurl!!!!
  • Options
    A large town would be best. London can be pretty expensive to live in and when I go up there the crowds drive me mad! I don't mind guildford to be honest, there's always room for improvement but I guess its got its pubs, clubs, cinema, theatre and gigs, though that kind of stuff can be better up in London. However, if I were forced to choose, I'd go for a city anytime.
  • Options
    city, i love living in London, i don't think i could live in a rural area, it'd drive me mad. One of my criteria when choosing unis was that it had to be in or very near a city :D
  • Options
    I live in a village and I hate it! its soooo boring! prefer the city! :yes:
  • Options
    I'm a beachy person! :p
  • Options
    city...wide open spaces scare me...;)
  • Options
    I don't mind either.

City centre (like where I live now is OK), and the middle of nowhere would be nice (probably better), providing I had transport.
  • Options
    A bit of both.
    But I'd prefer to live in a medium sized town. It has all the comforts, and services, I could need, but without the bustle and crowds. Country is nice, but nothing is convenient, and you absolutely must have personal transport or you can't get anywhere.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Its got to be the country for me, Ive always lived in a rural area and its what im used to - a country bumpkin:) although I wouldnt like to live out in the sticks, preferbly the rolling hills by the coast with sea views - -- my soul needs a daily sight of greenery , hills,fresh air and SPACE - The city is dirty and depressing with concrete colours I dont mind the transport problems as I only ever drive everywhere anyway , I cant stand public transport.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    im originally from a sleepy little highland villge with sheep for company. everyone knows everything about you (including what you are going to do before you know!!) i hate that. i much prefer living in a city where i can walk down the street and not know a single person. however, the country is a nice place to run away to when things get too much or too stressful.

xx
  • Options
    i prefer the city
  • Options
    The city or somewhere very close to a city or with good access to a city. I couldn't cope living in the middle of nowhere!
  • Options
    I prefer a town or large village. I wouldnt like a tiny village, but I hate London. I live in a town at the moment, but id prefer somewhere a bit quieter.
  • Options
    I love them both :)
  • Options
    RURAL!!!
  • Options
    I live in the country side.......and i love the quietness and how you can get away from it all..i love walks in the fields when its raining and the fresheness of the air....

BUT I love the city life. I live an hour away from london and i love all the shops..the hustle the bustle.....so many people..lives..lifes...

so ill probably go to uni in a city and then move somewhere i can get the best of both worlds :)
  • Options
    I`m adaptable. I`ll live anywhere and I have done, from really remote places to the inner city.