Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How long does it take?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I had sex for the first time last friday night and it was really painful but really nice at the same time! Anyway I was due to come on my period on Sat but it's not fri night and I still haven't come on-which makes me a week late. It's really stressing me out because although I used condoms and was careful I am never late, not once since I started 4 years ago. I'm thinking of going down to the family planning clinic tomoz but if I was pregnant, how long does it take to show and would it show if I was pregnant tomoz if I want. Sorry if that sounds a dumb question but I am really worried and don;t know what to do!
Thanxs

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanxs for that. I know I've been stressing but I've been late before through stress and this type of stress is different. The thing that worries me the most is that I've NEVER been late, always ealry or on time! If anyone can offer any advice that;d be great.
    Do you mean physically show or chemically? (ie on a pregnancy test)

Physically is about 4/5 months, chemically using something like ClearBlue can be done one day after the day you was meant to come on.

For 4 years my periods were regualar, then all of a sudden they changed. No reason why. It doesnt neccassarily mean your pregnant.
    To be honest I think you're worrying becasue you've only just had sex, but if you don't come on soon then to put your mind at rest get a clear blue pregnancy test, their the most accurate, but worrying about it will delay it even further so try not to stress!
    ermm

i have the same problem wiv my g/f i broke her in while sahe was on the pill and i used double glazing she come on late and is paranoid that shes pregnant she even started puking sometimes thinking its coz shes preggers she even put on weight oh fuck make a trip to the doctors i think :p
    Good to see you're a caring, sympathetic and understanding boyfriend Smokeit :rolleyes: