Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

cheating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if you know that one of your friends is cheating on her boyfriend should you tell him? even though you are better friends with your friend than her boyfriend (hope that makes sense)
help pls!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    nah leave them to it. It's their problem not yours and if you interfere it might ruin your friendship.
    thats wat im worried bout. but hes a sweatheart and he deserves to know because im quite close to him and he asked me today wat was wrong with my friend. the biggest problem is im closer to my friend. but if the tables were turned i would want to know
    sounds like u fancy the bloke...listen if he does find out just b there for him
    i honestly dont fancy him....i have my man and he means the world to me...just i duno....i can see how much he likes my friend and i just dont want him to get hurt
    it isn't up to you to narc on your friend. things like this have a way of working themselves out.
    you could talk to the cheating friend though, see if you can get her to stop or at least pick one guy.
    thanx guys. im going to try to talk to the cheating one today...hopefully she will see sense
    I think you should encourage your female friend to either stop of come clean with her boyfriend - I think he has every right to know esp. if she isn't going to stop.

I do think you risk ruining your friendship with your female friend if you tell her bloke she is cheating, which is why it might be best to talk to her first. However, what she is doing is wrong, and if I were the male friend I too would want to know. It all depends how brave you are and whether you think you can justify and stand up for what you do in the end.

Can you live with yourself knowing that he is being hurt by your friend? Can you live without your female friend should it all come back to you?
    i had decided that i was going to tell her bloke because its what i hope people would do for me. but she broke up with him last nite (i found out before i spoke to him luckily) so atleast he isnt gettin played anymore
    It isn't up to you to tell him. Keep out of their relationship: as an outside party you have to remain neutral. You could lose your friendship with both of them. Imagine if you told him, he didn't believe you and told her and she and him fall out with you? Not worth the hassle. Keep it to yourself.
    Originally posted by kosari193
    It isn't up to you to tell him. Keep out of their relationship: as an outside party you have to remain neutral. You could lose your friendship with both of them. Imagine if you told him, he didn't believe you and told her and she and him fall out with you? Not worth the hassle. Keep it to yourself.
    Did you not read the post she made where she informed us all what happened?

Also, I don't agree that people should keep out of other people's realationships. I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who thought it was acceptable to cheat on their boyfriend!
    thank u bumblebee!
    if it had been me who was being cheated on i would want to know! it wud ruin my friendship if i knew a friend knew about it and didnt tell me!
    if you know someone's cheating, then it's not really your placeto interfere unless someone asks for your advice....all you should do right now is leave them to it-they'll suffer the consequesnces in the end anyways....! :p
    Not for you to get involved hun, its there buisness not yours, Unless her bloke was cheating on her, shes your mate, you stick by her and advice her to tell him or finish it.