Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

sick?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so probably for about the last 3-4 years i've just been tired all the time. i could just sleep any time of the day, i am extremly unmotivated, urges to do, well... pretty much anything are non-existant. but since around sept. it has been even worse. still the same things, just more extreme. i havn't done anything about them because i just assumed that i was a tired lazy person, but finally i was talking to my mom, told her how things got worse, and she told me it could be mono.

could it be? could it be something different? am i just lazy? and if i go in and get checked at the doctor, do drugs show up on blood tests? and if they do how long does pot last in your system?

Comments

• Options
    Re: sick?
    Originally posted by my_name
    ok, so probably for about the last 3-4 years i've just been tired all the time. i could just sleep any time of the day, i am extremly unmotivated, urges to do, well... pretty much anything are non-existant. but since around sept. it has been even worse. still the same things, just more extreme. i havn't done anything about them because i just assumed that i was a tired lazy person, but finally i was talking to my mom, told her how things got worse, and she told me it could be mono.

could it be? could it be something different? am i just lazy? and if i go in and get checked at the doctor, do drugs show up on blood tests? and if they do how long does pot last in your system?

First of all whats mono?
    Secondly blood tests are usually 3-10days
  • Options
    Mono (mononucleosis aka glandular fever)

To be honest, I'm not really sure if drugs will show up on your blood test, I don't know if it would come up automatically, or on the test they order. I'd get checked out if I were you though. Sorry, that's about the best advice I can give :)
  • Options
    I had mono, picked it up from my first girlfriend when I was 13. Off topic, that put me off girls for a few years...

There's varying degrees of it but for me it was absolute hell. I fell asleep everywhere. I must have ended up at the bus garage after sleeping through my stop about 10 times. I would get tired climbing the stairs, sit down, and wake up there hours later. You get the picture.

If you have it, you'll know. Glands are usually swollen, your spleen might too (mine was twice the normal size according to the doctor) and you'll sleep 13 hours easily. And still be tired when you wake up.

Since mono is a virus, they test for the antibodies in your blood. Which means that its really unlikely that they'll accidentally find out you've been smoking pot, that's a seperate test.
  • Options
    you should really go and see dr about this. Chronic tirdness/fatiuge can be a sympton of a few things. To of been suffering this for as long as 3 -4 years is along time. Generly mono/glandular fever doesnt last as long as 3/4 years. Has your tirdness been constant over this period of time? or in phases? It possible it could be mono and your having constant relaspes, its also possible that its chronic fatiuge syndrome, a Thyroid problem, depression or a blood sugar problem. In particular to mono or chronic fatuige syndrome you would be suffering other symptons as well, such as achey or painful muscles/joints ( like flu pains) sore throats, swollen/painful glands, low grade fevers, headaches, sleep problems , worsening of pyshical/mental fatiuge after excersie or activitys. Write down on a bit paper any other symptons you have been having and show it to the dr. Its also possible if your a pot smoker that its making you lethargic and thats all it is, how often to you have a smoke? also how active are you? it could be your worn out if you have a hetic lifestyle or stressed or it could be that your underactive and need to get fiter or find something more stimulating to do. When you see the dr you will most likely get a blood test that will test for all the usual things, this will NOT show any traces of drugs, so dont worry about that. A drug test is specific and not included in routine blood tests..... Goodluck
  • Options
    Originally posted by go_away
    Mono (mononucleosis aka glandular fever)

*Has had glandular fever, but didn't know that*:eek2:

Get yourself checked out.:)
  • Options
    if you are worried you could tell your doctor that you smoke it. since there is patient confidentiality and all. he could tell you whether it would effect the results and if it does then how long you should go off it. I would guess 3+ days but that is only a guess
  • Options
    Oh yeah, also, i used to spoke pot & i have had loooooooadds of blood tests & its never been brought up, so don't worry.:)
  • Options
    pot stays in the blood stream for up to 50 days, says my form tutor who was in the marines and had to have numorus blood tests cos he always looked stoned off his face.
  • Options
    Yes a doctor may be a good idea (shall we ask doctor lurve lol) seriously though do see a real doctor it may be nothing to worry about but to put your mind at ease do go and see them.