Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

If you were shopping....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And you saw someone stealing, would you squeal like a piggy ?

:eek:

Comments

• Options
    Nah cos its usually me doing the stealing.

Just walk past innit. Well i would :o
  • Options
    Too right :D
  • Options
    I'd probably say summat to them, if they didn't stop then I'd tell someone. Ended up helping to catch a shop lifter the other week as he ran out of argos in Nelson. Was fun. hehe!

Runs out, with the alarms going off, dumps whatever it was in the bin next door, tries to run past me, so I shoved him into the wall so he couldn't get passed, the stupid argos staff decided not to grab him so he got away so we all ended up running after him, making a citizens arrest, before actually radioing for the police...honest we do things right. Then this group of asian lads started having a do at us and telling us to stop picking on him, so they got arrested as well when the cops got there.
  • Options
    Maybe. I'd do whatever I was told to do by the voices in my head.
  • Options
    It would depend what it was! If it was a packet of sweets then I probably wouldn't say anything but if it was something really expensive then I think I would.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    It would depend what it was! If it was a packet of sweets then I probably wouldn't say anything but if it was something really expensive then I think I would.

Why ?
  • Options
    Cos I dont think I could be bothered with the hassle over a packet of sweets or soemthing like that!

Sounds hypocritical I know, but hey it's better than not squealing at all! :p
  • Options
    Cos I dont think I could be bothered with the hassle over a packet of sweets or soemthing like that!

Sounds hypocritical I know, but hey it's better than not squealing at all! :p

Why would you want to be bothered about it tho? Would ity make you feel better >?
  • Options
    Originally posted by CRAZYREDEYES
    Why would you want to be bothered about it tho? Would ity make you feel better >?

No I mean as in the hassle of having to talk to police etc....ok so that's not that likely over a packet of sweets but you know what I mean, over something cheap. It's not anything to do with making myself feel better, if it was something expensive I wouldnt want the person to get away with it when the rest of us have to pay!
  • Options

No I mean as in the hassle of having to talk to police etc....ok so that's not that likely over a packet of sweets but you know what I mean, over something cheap. It's not anything to do with making myself feel better, if it was something expensive I wouldnt want the person to get away with it when the rest of us have to pay!

I know what you mean there. i've just had rather a lot of run in's with shop lifters recently due to my ex running his own business. Gets on your nerves the amount that are around and get away with it.

He had an x box nicked about 3 weeks ago and it really wound me up that people would have the nerve, off a market stall, to nick summat like that. Especially with where the x box was....top shelf about 6 foot up, placed at the back. Would have been so difficult tog et down without anyone noticing. Thats how proffessional some of these guys become.