Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I could kick myself

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi folks, it's been a while sonce I've written anything in here but yes I've got another problem.

Last friday, I was at a little club where I normally drink on a friday with my pals. There was a girl that I knew from college there who I'd never seen there before. I knew her reasonably well as me and her did a duet for the college Christmas Party last year.

I got chatting to her, see what she was up to, the usual thing.
I was dnacin a bit at the end of the night with my mates, all of us acting daft like we always do. I ended up dancing with her and she ended up holding me hand, I was a little surprised but quite chuffed. later on I was chatting to her again but amongst a crowd of us. I mentioned in the conversation that it was my birthday the following Monday.

When it was nearly time to go, I just wanted to make an excuse to giv her a hug or something, before then I didn't fancy her but after then I've taken quite a shine to her. I said to her

"Right I'm going in a bit, so give us a hug"(obviously not said like it was a demand)

she gave me a hug and then said "don't i get a birthday kiss?" that took me by surprise a bit but I said yes and me not being sure went for her cheek and she kissed me quite deeply on my lips.Once again something I wasn't expecting because I'm a daft inexperienced guy.

My mate said after that I was well in and should have made a move to trap off with her but for me personally, I don't know when I got a chance or not, so I have no idea when to make a move on a girl. I told my mate that she got me dancing and holding her hand and she offered to kiss me and he said I was a dick because the chance was laid out on a plate for me.

I wont see her until next week because we're on half term now and I aint got her mob.

I was thinking of talking to her again when I'm back at college and trying to pursuade her to go to that place again.

Wot do you guys think on this one?

Comments

• Options
    Lol your mate's right!

Go for it! The ONLY possible way she could maybe possibly conceivably not reeeally like you would be if she was extremely drunk.

So yes, go for it, find her as soon as you're back at college and tell her you want to see her again / ask her back to the club. If she's odd with you and embarrassed then maybe she was drunk but my money's on it being a success :)
  • Options
    Do talk to her again. Who knows where your relationship with her will go if you don't talk to her.:)
  • Options
    If I were you I'd talk to her, she obviously likes you! Good luck!
  • Options
    re:

Wel I hope that the outcome is good

on valentines day she sent me a message saying happy valentines day. i sent one back saying the same and sorry i couldnt get a card cos i was skint.

on the friday her mate asked me if i fancied this girl, i said why do u ask, she said she saw the email that i sent, i assumed that she took it a little too literally, i was just having a laugh. i just said she is really nice.

as you've all assumed, i lack in confidance and great deal which is why i dont know when to make a move

like i said im planning to just be friendly to her when college starts again and discreetly try to pursuade her to go back to the club again.
  • Options
    Re: re:
    Originally posted by frapestyle

as you've all assumed, i lack in confidance and great deal which is why i dont know when to make a move

like i said im planning to just be friendly to her when college starts again and discreetly try to pursuade her to go back to the club again.
    But that's just bowing down to your lack of confidence! You shouldn't worry about when to make a move - just go up to her, say hi and start chatting, ask her how her holiday was etc... and ask her out for a drink. If you're too 'discreet' then the likely outcome is that she'll think you're not interested. She sounds like a nice girl, don't give her time to be snatched up by someone else!
  • Options
    The birthday kiss is always a good excuse.
    ME and mates have at least one bday between us every time we go out, ah give him a kiss for his 21st etc: It nearly always works
    UNless she sees you there again the next week!

Anyway- I know yours was, but its a good pulling tip!
    If your dancing with her try look into her eyes its a lot more passionate, then if her head goes towards yours your in there. There will generally be some kinda have going for yours- but next time after a while just go for her and give her a heavy peck on the lips and watch her reaction!

Dont go through life with regrets!
  • Options
    re:

Well here I am and Friday has gone, and to be honest I don't know whether to be mad, depressed or not bothered.

As I said before, the girl that I’m referring to was there again and actually before that night, I was feeling a bit scared because I was thinking she may be there and I wont want to make a move.

I saw her sat down and said hello, got chatting about all sorts. We went outside to chat for a bit but that was only about 5 minutes.

The big cock up when I think I: would have had a chance to make a move was near then end when I'd had a few cans and decent tunes were coming on the box and me and a couple of my pals were dancing like we always do, to Stone Roses, New Order or any Indie Rock stuff really. I was a bit drunk and if she would have been dancing near me at that particular time then I probably would have definitely made a move. Unfortunately she wasn’t even dancing, she was talking outside.

Then as I was leaving, she wanted my number (thinking I had a mobile) I just said I didn’t have a mobile and she said oh it doesn’t matter then.

That isn’t the first time that something like that has happened with a girl, all because I don’t have a mobile. The thing is I don’t need one, I’m only 17 and am in college. I’m not someone who is around the country all the time and really needs to keep in contact with people. I’m either in college or home.

She isn't going to this place, but i really dont have a clue what to do next, my pal said she is being hard to get but i dont really know what it is.

What do people think?
  • Options
    Its unbelievable how much the world is ruled by mobile phones!
    Dont worry about it, or if it keeps keeps happening how about considering gettin a cheap one?just so u can stay in touch with texts cos they are the craze at the mo!
    U say u lack confidance, so why not just get talking to her freinds at college and let them no you like her and that your a little shy. Then they will tell her (as girls always do!) and then if she wants to make a move on you-she will.
    Otherwise, you have nothing to lose, so why not make the move yourself if you see her out again. So what if she rejects ya-you might be devestated for the first five minutes but then u'll get over it! But if she doesnt reject ya.....just think how chuffed you'll be. You have to take knock backs to make you stronger and be more aware! Just go for it..im shy too so i know exactly how you feel, yeah making the first move sounds scarey but just put all them thoughts out of your head and go for it-like i said theres nothing to lose! Good luck ;)
  • Options
    Well I can agree on you about the nothing to lose part but I could never agree with the idea of getting a girl’s mates to tell her something. If I was this girl, I wouldn’t really like getting told something about a friend in the third person, even if it was one of my other friends who were telling me it. I think that I need to sort this situation out myself and not bring other people into it.

I have thought about asking her out somewhere but only as a friend and then see what happens. It would give us both the chance to get to know each other better than we already do and if I feel I need to, when I feel the time is right, I would ask if it could be taken any further.

But then the problem is how to ask her out somewhere as a mate without putting any pressure on her.

As it stands we are mates, I want to take it further but have no idea what she wants and I aint too confident with it because for me, I expect every outcome to be negative.

What do people think?
  • Options
    sorry but i'm findin it increasingly hard to not take the piss

YES SHE IS INTERESTED. ASK HER OUT AND BONE THAT BITCH!
    or of course treat her like a lady, either one.

and if she ain't interested i will personally walk over to where you live and be a slave for the day.
  • Options
    Yes yes yesssss she is obviously v.interested, just go for it!!! :D

By the way, you come from Manchester... which club plays Stone Roses etc? I wanna go there!! :D Ever been to 5th Avenue? That's a top night out... I'm going next weekend :D

Sorry, I just thought a slight change of subject might calm down matters a bit!!
  • Options
    Well you say that she is interested and yet I'm not 100% whether she was just being friendly or not.

During the weekend it's been bugging quite a number of times although the weird thing is when I'm talking to her or when I see her, I feel fine, it's when I don't see her which is when I feel weird.

My brother who is 22 has been with his girlfriend for about 3 years now and he said that when you really fall for someone, they must feel a similar way about you, whether the feeling is as strong or not, nobody can be sure but they must be giving some sort of feeling back in return otherwise, you would not have fallen for them in the first place.

What do people still think?
  • Options
    Originally posted by frapestyle

My brother who is 22 has been with his girlfriend for about 3 years now and he said that when you really fall for someone, they must feel a similar way about you, whether the feeling is as strong or not, nobody can be sure but they must be giving some sort of feeling back in return otherwise, you would not have fallen for them in the first place.
    i have always said that and no one ever agreed with me! so yes i do agree with your brother (smart lad!) if u feel so so strongly for someone they must feel something back (unless u r some kind of umm....mental case...meant in a non-offensive way)
  • Options
    Hello again

Well I wanna see what you guys make of this.

Yesterday I sent this girl an email thru college just asking how her weekend was. I also said that she could get through to me through my dads mobile(as i normally give that to people) and i use it after 6, i asked for hers and left it at that.

Later on that day I got a reply saying "I had a good weekend, my number is (bla bla), clare(her mate who we both know) says you fancy me, is it true? email back, luv Sarah.

I didnt really know how to reply that, my mate told me that it may have been her mate who asked it but I don't really know. In the end I didn't reply but just sent her a message last night just to check i'd got the right number, she replied sayin, yeah, how r u?

I havent seen her today but I don't know whether to bring that question up when i do see her, or what to say if she asks me in person.

If I say yes(which i really want to) im scared she may take it the wrong way, if i say no, she may be upset cos i didnt say yes.

Help me out once again folks!
  • Options
    Why didnt u tell her straight that yes you do like her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry-you had your perfect oppurtunity there! Right get on the e-mail now and reply to it. Thinking negatively about this-if she turns round and says it wasnt her who sent it, then say it wasnt you who replied! You have to tell her before its too late! Put all those fears away and go for it, honestly if it all works out you will thank me for this. Or better still if you wana ask her in person, dnt chicken out of saying it. Dont you think its better just getting it out of the way, then if you dont end up together you can move on-or if you do end up together then you can get on with it!
    I have a sneaky feeling that this is gonna turn out-but not if you shy away from letting her know what your feeling deep down!! Good luck and let us know how it goes please :D;)
  • Options
    re:

Wel now it's Saturday and last night I finally found some confidence from somewhere to ring her.

At first my intentions were to have a little chat and then pop the question.

It actually turned out to be quite a decent chat about all sorts.

In the end, I actuallt asked if she had plans for next week(when I'm no longer skint as I am now), but then she said she was a little busy and she had no money. And it was left like that.

I suppose in a way that raised my confidence a little bit because that is probably the first time ever that I've rang a girl up and ended up having a social chat about stuff.

On the other hand, I feel as though what I was planning isn't going to happen. I don't know whether what she said about being busy was actually tru or just an excuse to get out of it, I'm very sure she knew what I was going to ask and I'm very sure she knows that I fancy her.

I don't know if it's just me though but for a girl who dances with me, holds my hand, talks to me and hugs and kisses me when she's about to go home (thats when we're at a club), I would personally see that as someone who is a little more than friendly, but that maybe just me.

Wot do u reckon folks?
  • Options
    re

Wel i'm back to pester a number of u once again.

Now it's sunday, another weeks gone

Last Monday, i sent the girl an email like i normally do, just as a friendly gesture, asking how her weekend was and wot she got up 2. i also said that i was gettin a phone very soon and that i wud tex her the number

I got a reply on wednesday, saying she was ill and she had got a new job somewhere, then the said at the end, P.s u stil havent answered my question,(whether i fancied her or not- u all know this alredy!

Then i thought i'd put it off longer enough, so i sent her a txt with the phone i had got saying "this is my new number and if u really must know the answer, it's yes".

Now i dont know where to go from here, I've put it across now, so theres that bit done, i don't know how to deal with the next stage- if there ever is one.

I need ur help again, people!!
  • Options
    We can't help you now hun, whatever happens can'tr be predicted and so unfortunately it looks like you're stuck on your own! Just go with the flow... from what you've said she must like you or she wouldn't have mythered for an answer about you fancying her.

Good luck hun, fingers crossed for you! xx