Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

older guys, why????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im sure this comes on here quite often along with many other topics such as anal and stuff, but

why do girls always go for older guys? becuase i just refuse to believe that maturity argument because well its a fact, desision making ability develops last for everyone, normally 18/19 for both male/females, and i think im quite mature myself and have healthy interests in nonlunatic things, part from drinnk :P but im just annoyed at the older guys who cant pull girls their own age!

what do you reckon

Comments

• Options
    Males and females don't mature at the same age at all. It's a well known saying that men never grow up, which no I don't believe, but in some ways it's true.

Yes it is a sweeping generalisation to say that all younger guys are less mature than girls their own age, but on the whole it is true. Life experiences effect everyones maturity, but from a whole being ready to settle down and commit side of things and think you'll find the majority of the time females are ready to before males of the same age.

But older men are far more appealing from an experience side, sorry to sound shallow, but they tend to eb able to spoil a girl better, which we all like from time to time, they are more secure in themselves and do tend to be more trustworthy than younger guys.

Personally I've just found that older guys aren't all the fun they claim to be....less energy, like stopping in too much, and so on. Decided guys a couple of years older would/are the best age in general.
  • Options
    From what I've seen older men can be very good users and do flaunt the fact they can drive and have pots more money. They seem to get away with things more because of aformentioned possesions. Girls I find hard to believe are more mature than lads. The mature lads they seem to ignore because they are boring or whatever. There are quite a few lads I know that are if anything more mature than the women they are seeing of same age. Trusthworthy argument is bollocks again they are probably just better at not getting caught! How does being older make you more trustworthy I'll never know!Men can't grow up!<Rolls eyes> some ways its true :confused: :eek2: WTF?!

I think you can have perfectly mature people that are the same age as you.
  • Options
    bomberman, you put into words what i couldnt, my the general thing is that girls have loads of double standards when it somes to bfs, they say they want nice guys, and get bastards, or want mature guys, but not mature boys of their own age because theyre boring even though we aint, its less ofa problem now because im 17 and girls go for boys 17-19 so its okay, its just 15/16 year olds, yeh currently i fancy a girl whose 15/16 whose a gud mate but i woulnd never put anything on her, even just that i fancy her,
    and my main fear is that lots of these girls get used, or are too eager to please their men and end up regretting it, even though life is trial and improvement, though sometimes it seems their taste doesnt imprve much ,ie my older sister, hahaha

im just havin a rant because i been single for 2 years now so ignore me! :( and im not changing who i am to pull because even though there aint much hope for a nice guy like me, im just enjoyin everything else in life, not much cause i am a angst ridden teenager but still, well dont be stupid is all i say
  • Options
    Well to be blunt they deserve it if they think just by going out with older men that somehow they are more mature than lads. "OOO OOO Look we can date people older than us we are so much more mature than you boys :p " hmmmm great plan they've got.
    They also always come crying on OUR shoulders when it goes wrong and go and do same again? I figure every now and again one learns and thats when the decent lads start getting girls. Takes a long while for them to catch up with us but they start to at college as the most intelligent start to realise that nice guys are worth dating.
  • Options
    Maturity and experience?

I know that doesnt apply to everyone though.
  • Options
    in my experience the older guys have always treated me way better, been more understanding, weve had better relationships
  • Options
    I don't know why i go for older guys! But i always have. I've never been out with a guy my own age, the closest was about 2-3 years older i think.
    I think it's cos i've had a lot of shitty things happen throughout my short life, and guys my age just don't seem to understand.
  • Options
    i personally like older but have only been with one, we started out as mates blah blah blah.

i am attracted to the older guy but im not sure why.

i mean look at alfie moon :yum: *droools*
  • Options
    Older lads with the money and cars are much better at covering up the things they do wrong, if your too young to drive your too young to cover distances without their aid so its all too easy to find someone a bit of a distance away and have two on the go. I still say its bull that younger lads can't understand problems its not like lads dont have problems if anything they are probably worse off due to peer pressure not to talk about it.
  • Options
    Some of you lads are sounding veeeeery bitter.
  • Options
    Maturity, experience, class.

Also I think there's something in the female psyche about being the damsel in distress and being looked after - an older man will seem stronger and more in control, more mature, therefore a figure to look up to and more attractive.

I'm probly just sprouting rubbish though, I'm tired :(
  • Options
    I always say go for a YOUNGER guy. They never mature anyway and you get a fit young body to play with......:naughty::D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Scorpion
    I always say go for a YOUNGER guy. They never mature anyway and you get a fit young body to play with......:naughty::D

:lol:
  • Options
    Reminds me of Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction tho...
  • Options
    meaning I am sounding very bitter - yeah i am cos im sick of having to pick girls up after they've been dating older guys because when they hurt them they do it big style. I also just think its complete BOLLOCKS (pardon my french) that older lads are somehow BETTER or MORE MATURE because they are older. Its the same as me saying blondes are more fun its just a lame bit of predjudice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    meaning I am sounding very bitter - yeah i am cos im sick of having to pick girls up after they've been dating older guys because when they hurt them they do it big style. I also just think its complete BOLLOCKS (pardon my french) that older lads are somehow BETTER or MORE MATURE because they are older. Its the same as me saying blondes are more fun its just a lame bit of predjudice.

Are you trying to say that every girl you know does that?

And i take it your single?

Theres always gonna be better people, older or younger, you just have to learn to deal with it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Some of you lads are sounding veeeeery bitter.

Hehehe indeed

I think the reason why girls like older man is......... cos girls really fancy there fathers you see, and look for a mature man who's strong and just like there dad!:p

Daddies girls the lot of ya!:p ;)

*I'm the daddy now!*:p

and no, it doesn't work the other way, men use logic (not me tho!):D
  • Options
    men use logic

LMAO :lol:
    Are you trying to say that every girl you know does that?

No I am saying that the vast majortiy of relationships with a age gap seem to end up being very nasty
    And i take it your single?

Don't bank on it
    Theres always gonna be better people, older or younger

Maybe but not because they are older or younger
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bomberman444

Maybe but not because they are older or younger

Yeah thats what i was trying to point out :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Basically relationships with older men end up in tears because they've got too serious too young. Yes it is a bad thing, but girls crave commitment, we plan our weddings at 7 when you guys are playing with action men, there's the difference. Older men are more willing to give that commitment than your 17 year old lads. But yes it does mean we get hurt more.

Personally the first guy I went out with was the same age, the guy I was engaged to was a year younger. It's only recently I've been out with older guys and in some ways yes I do prefer them, they are more mature and do treat you better. But then I'm fussy about my blokes and do find the nice ones. Oh and those two I've mentioned are the only 2 guys that have ever hurt me, so your logic doesn't work.

I drive so that doesn't both me...I do as much running around after blokes as they do for me, but a guy who doesn't drive is a big no no in my mind.

I think as we get older age gaps lessen anyway. It's just like I wouldn't have known really there was any difference in age between me and my now ex, he was 27 (I'm 20 btw). But he did bore me. Maturity wise he was what I was looking for, he just didn't know how to have fun with it.

Guys don't ever grow up, you always have to have your toys, albeit computers, cars etc rather than the good ol' action men.

But to be honest, age doesn't bother me. I do have a problem with going out with younger guys (she says about to get back with her ex!) because they aren't as good to talk to, they haven't had enough world experience to be abe to talk at length about current affairs, politics, world history and so on, those serious conversations that sometimes a girl craves.
  • Options
    because older guys are 'cooler'
    girls usually fancy guys who they see as 'cooler' than them
    simple.

i could be wrong but face it, it makes sense
  • Options
    Originally posted by Scorpion

Im only a month younger than you but do I still count?:lol::naughty:

Girls do mature maybe a year quicker in general- thats fact!
    Its not in the case of all men though.

But a lot of these relationships people are talking about are of the older kind and not teenage. Girls like to be spoilt-

But lads dont worry- cause the older we get the better we look, the older they get the worse they look! (after a certain age of course)
  • Options
    Re: older guys, why????
    Originally posted by LonDoNErcHriS85
    im sure this comes on here quite often along with many other topics such as anal and stuff, but

why do girls always go for older guys? becuase i just refuse to believe that maturity argument because well its a fact, desision making ability develops last for everyone, normally 18/19 for both male/females, and i think im quite mature myself and have healthy interests in nonlunatic things, part from drinnk :P but im just annoyed at the older guys who cant pull girls their own age!

what do you reckon

When i was 16, my boyf was 30 and we were together 3yrs. I didnt go out with him cos he was older and he didnt go out with me cos i was younger (i dont think!). the age difference never effected us but that was probably because we both acted the same sort of age.
  • Options
    Re: Re: older guys, why????
    Originally posted by VinylVicky

When i was 16, my boyf was 30 and we were together 3yrs. I didnt go out with him cos he was older and he didnt go out with me cos i was younger (i dont think!). the age difference never effected us but that was probably because we both acted the same sort of age.

Jesussssssss... a 14 year age gap?! :eek:

When I was 16, I was seein' a 23 year old and that was dodgy enough... I can't even begin to start about all the hassle and stick I got off people for it. It was always at the back of my mind as well.

From what I see with me and my mates, we're all goin' out with people rpoughly the same age - 3 years between me n my current bf and I think thats about right (I'm 17, he's 20)

It's nothing about matiruity to me, I'd go out with most lads as long as I liked them!! Age doesn't really make a bit of difference - unless they're like 12 or 23 or summat!!
  • Options
    my boyfriend's 27 and i'm 18, we've been together since i was sixteen.

But i'm not ruling out younger men. i think any women who decides she'll only go out with an older man is being silly. you never know who you are going to meet and who you are going to find yourself attracted too. everyone is different, yeah, some men takes agessssssssss to mature and other can be wuite mature at a young age, but it just turned out that my perfect guy was 9 yrs older than me

you guys need 2 chill, just wait, i'm sure you won't be knocking back the younger ladies when you 20+:naughty:
  • Options
    ok... imagine this...

there you are, a young (18-25ish yr old girl)
    all the men your age are spending all their time laughing about farts, getting wasted and still in college.
    then, you turn your head to the right and see this lovely BMW, X5. inside this nice car is a man. he is around the age of 35-40. sitting in the front seat with his short black hair with those speckels of white. he is all niced out in his lovely black busisness suit and those expensive shoes (possilby a lawyer?)

inside his home would show what his interests are... expensive wine, good music, a nice book every now and then. classy and sophistacated... how could you not like the older man :D
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed

...could just as well be a 22 year old. :p
    Bugger. Maybe I act too old.

I don't think we're doubting that their can be the exception but that is in younger guys, especially the 16-21 year old sections. Yes there are quite a few 22 + who are like that, hence why I said 2 - 3 years older than me seem quite nice at the moment.

They are prepared to be settled, starting to have their own homes and have interests other than going out getting pissed with their mates and pulling. They like a good cozy night in, enjoy the finer things in life, and so on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    ok... imagine this...

there you are, a young (18-25ish yr old girl)
    all the men your age are spending all their time laughing about farts, getting wasted and still in college.
    then, you turn your head to the right and see this lovely BMW, X5. inside this nice car is a man. he is around the age of 35-40. sitting in the front seat with his short black hair with those speckels of white. he is all niced out in his lovely black busisness suit and those expensive shoes (possilby a lawyer?)

inside his home would show what his interests are... expensive wine, good music, a nice book every now and then. classy and sophistacated... how could you not like the older man :D

Yeah, but would be be good in bed, hmm??

Gimme someone young for the fun and the luaghs and the drinkin' games, and even the immaturity... it's not time to grow up and settle down yet :)
  • Options
    Women are not as driven by mere physical appearance as much as men. They look for a man who is a good provider. It takes time for a man to become sucessfull and amass some amount of wealth. Statistics of married couples show that on average the man is about 3 to 4 years older than woman.

The last girl I dated was 20 and she consistently dated older men. She told me that guys her age had nothing interesting to talk about. They were all about getting drunk, and hanging out with their mates. And as we were driving she pointed to a bunch of 20 year old looking guys with shaved heads and baggy pants that looked like they were falling down to their ankles. We both looked at them and laughed.