Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

expression through music

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone feel that music is a great way to express yourself? :cool:
Tell me what music you like and if its garage.....i feel very sorry for you!:banghead:
but if its guitar music from the 60's, 70's,80's and 90's well youre top people with fantastic taste!:thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Musical taste varies from person to person. No matter how bad a style or a song is, there will be someone who likes it. This is highly tragic because it means what I class as 'good music' will never be fully appreciated.

However, I don't let it bother me in the slightest.

What I am trying to say is that this thread is going to start some great big war on how good or how bad garage music is, which I can't be arsed with, so lets avoid all of that now....

Please, nobody slag off other styles of music, I can't be bothered with a fight!
    Garage is good :p

I love music in so many ways.
    my intention was never to "wage a war" on garage music i would just like to meet people who like guitar music cos you dont get much in garage music what music do you like....BUMBLEBEE?
    see i think i express myself better when i dance :D

but dance music is great way of expression!
    do you mean listening or playing?
    I love Bon Jovi and Moulin Rouge music:) :D
    im gettin into all the rap stuff-i just loovvveeeee 50 cent-in da club...its amazin that song!!:D
    Originally posted by black moon
    my intention was never to "wage a war" on garage music i would just like to meet people who like guitar music cos you dont get much in garage music what music do you like....BUMBLEBEE?
    Whats with the capitals in my name?!! :crazyeyes
    I find the best way for me to express myself is by playing my guitar or violin. I play other instruments but i feel they are best. I write and play a lot of my own music, it helps me prevent bottling up my feelings and lets me show how i am feeling, without having to actually say it!
    When something goes wrong or i'm not feeling the best i just play the blues away.
    I don't think i'd be able to express how i feel without music.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

oh nothing i jst wasnt sure about remembering your name!
    im new to this so im jst gettin to grips with it all
    so what kinda music do you like?
    im more into......
    Led Zepplin, Still Crazy but i like things like....Greenday and Bad Religion as well as some club stuff:D
    If you play music I don't think you can properly express emotion until you're really good, it's hard trying to put expression into a really basic piece. Listening to music though reflects or mirrors your mood, while to others around you it allows you to express, a sort of two tiered thing, where it means one thing to you, but something else to others. Make sense?
    Anyone else agree that the 90s was the BEST pop decade?

The 80s was... well... a disaster. Much as I hate Justin Timberlake, I have to quote him here 'I'm so glad I was too young to really experience the 80s'

And now... well what can I say? The only way to get into popular music is it seems to show as much flesh as possible to as many people as possible, or to take part in a humiliating TV show just to make money for the record company. Music's getting bad.

The 90s had so many classics :)
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Garage is good :p

So you sit in the Garage to listen to music :eek2:

:lol::lol: im in stupid mode, its ok im not as thick as you may think I am :lol:
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

Probably to catch your attention......and it worked ;):p
    Me likes hardhouse, hardore, trancore, nu nrg and funky house :crazyeyes but i also like other varied stuff like coldplay, bob marley, eminem, cyprus hill, madonnas old stuff i even like blue! not really into anything cheesy and charty, although i do like that Running Through My Head tune, it keeps running through my head, very catchy! Oh yeah, i like The Beatles too.
    Pink Floyd and Pantera :D and The Cure, Silverchair... all good emotional and expressive stuff with great talent.
    I'm not too good at expressing myself through music. I've written a few depressing songs and that.. usually on piano, but when I'm angry I either end up breaking the strings on my guitar or am too angry to play heh. But music is a great way to express yourself if you're good enough.
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Me likes hardhouse, hardore, trancore, nu nrg and funky house :crazyeyes but i also like other varied stuff like coldplay, bob marley, eminem, cyprus hill, madonnas old stuff i even like blue! not really into anything cheesy and charty, although i do like that Running Through My Head tune, it keeps running through my head, very catchy! Oh yeah, i like The Beatles too.

WHAT KIND OF DJS DO YOU LISTEN TO IF YOU LIKE HARD HOUSE?I LOVE ANNE SAVAGE SHE ROCKS!I LOVE SEB FONTAINE BUT HES MORE COMMERCIAL NOW!HE WAS FANTASIC WHEN HE WAS A RESIDENT AT CREAM LIVERPOOL!
    :D
    Originally posted by Slayer_Pantera
    Pink Floyd and Pantera :D and The Cure, Silverchair... all good emotional and expressive stuff with great talent.
    I'm not too good at expressing myself through music. I've written a few depressing songs and that.. usually on piano, but when I'm angry I either end up breaking the strings on my guitar or am too angry to play heh. But music is a great way to express yourself if you're good enough.

SO U LIKE FLOYD....WHAT ELSE?DO YOU LIKE LED ZEP?JIMI HANDRIX?ETC?

I PLAY THE GUITAR(OR ATTEMPT TO) AND THATS A FAB WAY FOR GETTING YOUR FEELINGS OUT!AS FOR SONG WRITING WHAT ARE YOURS LIKE?MINE ARE WELL......I TRYED AND I FAILED!
    believe it or not the music i express myself with is D&B and jungle.
    not many people understand it and i appreciate the fact most people detest it.
    its just my thing i suppose
    Hardcore House, Trance, Reggae, Metal, Punk, Rock, Techno etc...basicly a bit of everything. Dancing is definately a great way to express yourself, its the best way ive found so far anyway :)
    I'm a pretty hyperactive person! I like lots of different music, like...
    Stone Roses, Coldplay, and some other Indie stuff...
    Flip n Fill, Lasgo, Scooter, Paul Van Dyk and other Dance tunes...
    S Club 7, N*Sync, Darren Hayes, and other Pop stuff...
    Nelly, Justin Timberlake - just a touch of R'n'B...
    Green Day, Blink 192, and other Punk Rock music...

I like loud stuff that I can dance to, and most of this fits into those catagories! Not really a big fan or R'n'B, Hip Hop, heavy metal, etc etc...
    Originally posted by black moon

SO U LIKE FLOYD....WHAT ELSE?DO YOU LIKE LED ZEP?JIMI HANDRIX?ETC?

I PLAY THE GUITAR(OR ATTEMPT TO) AND THATS A FAB WAY FOR GETTING YOUR FEELINGS OUT!AS FOR SONG WRITING WHAT ARE YOURS LIKE?MINE ARE WELL......I TRYED AND I FAILED!

black moon, are you really excited or did you just forget where the caps lock is? :)