Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

open Relationship?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i just started a relationship with my guy. We have been together for about a month or two. We are very open about things, like about how to do things better for each other....if ya kno wat im sayin:blush: . But the thing is, i have never been open about things like this-- last nite he asked me to give him tips on to pleasure me more.. but i didnt kno what to say!?

So what im asking is being open with eachother a very good thing, or something i should watch out. Do i not say somethings or what? im kinda new with all this dating one guy thing:rolleyes: lol.. so tell me ur opion... do i back off?

_Nelly_:angel:

Comments

• Options
    i think its really great that you and your boyfriend can be so open with each other. its definitely a good thing that you feel happy communicating with each other about everything. im like this with my boyfriend and it just makes everything so much better and we are so much closer. as for giving him more tips on how to pleasure you...if youre not sure why not try things out together and you can tell him what feels good. openess is really important in a relationship:D good luck and all that jazz;)
  • Options
    I like being open about things, that way I don't worry as much

Do what astleyfan said, and tell him what feel good as and when he touches you down there!
    or something i should watch out.

You should only watch out if your not an honest and open person, if you like secrets and lies then no, an open and mature relationship isn't for you:p

If in doubt, say what you feel. Then That way at least your being honest with yourself.

I personally can't see the problem with it!
  • Options
    I'm sorry this wont help but my bf asks me what I like and I just feel too embarressed or nervous to say anything as Ive never been much of an open person. It's really quite annoying!
  • Options
    It's a good thing. Trust me. If you can't tell him or talk to him about things how's he ever meant to learn what you like and how to please you more?

Just be honest, tell him exactly what you like/want, where he's going wrong if anywhere, guide him, show him etc. Enjoy it, it's how relationships should be.
  • Options
    Yah.. i kno open relationships are really good. Sometimes i feel that im a lil too open... like last nite i was talkin to him and he asked if i have ever kissed a girl before. I wasnt gonna lie, i mean ya i have a few times when i was drunk, then he got all like odd and stuff. He says he trusts me.. just that he hopes i can handle things under pressure-{considering my past with peer pressure}(im not that good with that stuff) I feel maybe i had lost this trust even tho i kno he says i didnt.
    :confused:
    Do u think i should maybe stop talking.. haha i do have a big mouth!? ahh help me!:eek:
    _Nelly_:heart:
  • Options
    Tell all, that way you get the best out of him and you can give him the best. But if he asks you what its like to have a period, dont tell him *shudders at the memory*.

Fraipas
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    What is the point of telling lies you only get found out later down the line in whatever relationship you are in. Personally, perhaps I tell everyone toooooo much about myself.:)
  • Options
    I sometimes feel like I'm too honest, but in the end I'd rather get everything told early on then if it does come out later it's not gone too far.

Honesty is the best policy, but he shouldn't be bothered if you've done things before him. He's the one you're with now and that's what he's got to remember.

Keep being open and if things start getting too much in other ways you'll be able to openly discuss them as well and he can support and help guide you through them.