Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Am i the only person that gets pissed off by this?

That most of the newbies have the same avs.

Its doing my head in.

Damn those custom thingys.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think they're all the same person. It confuses me
    Ye confuses me to,and most of them are pants (sorry)
    well i copied vodka babes for a while but i respect u oldies...hehe so i changed it but i would like an animated one!!!
    I don't really like the custom avatars either :no: the man with the big afro is heavy though!! haven't seen anyone with that as their avatar though! :crazyeyes
    It confuses me too! How it is it to go find an Av?! Google image search fools!! :rolleyes:
    I tend not to concern myself with it. To be entirely frank (and not wishing to kick off a debate) most of the "newbies" and some of the regulars who post generic stuff merge in to one anyway.

If people establish a clear personality through their posts, then despite how new/old/whatever they are, I'll pick up on that, rather than an avatar or whatnot.
    See that is why you scare me :p
    Yeha I know what you mean.......its the whole sameness of it....is it so ahrd for originality? i know they're great av's and all.....its just quite confusing.......
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    See that is why you scare me :p

Me? *angelic look*

Whhhyyy?
    Originally posted by DJP

Me? *angelic look*

Whhhyyy?

Cos you have the ability with one sentance to make people feel that <-> small!

Tis scary!
    Originally posted by DJP

Me? *angelic look*

Whhhyyy?

Cause you're so damn cute :p
    ok as i am a newbie here u may not like this lucy may but i'm sorry...
    wen i first came here i thought the av's were just a ltl pic thing next to each post but now i've come to realise that by havin indivual ones we're all different...the only things which ditinguish us from each other are our:

usernames
    Signatures
    Style of writing and our avatars

so here i believe that every1 should have the right to distinguish their individuality by being customised which is y i think the custom option was brought in...

its just my opinion
    Originally posted by amirab
    ok as i am a newbie here u may not like this lucy may but i'm sorry...
    wen i first came here i thought the av's were just a ltl pic thing next to each post but now i've come to realise that by havin indivual ones we're all different...the only things which ditinguish us from each other are our:

usernames
    Signatures
    Style of writing and our avatars

so here i believe that every1 should have the right to distinguish their individuality by being customised which is y i think the custom option was brought in...

its just my opinion

LACYMAY!!!!

Im all for them being individuals an that. Im just stating that it annoys me when they've all got the same. I tend to think its the same person.
    Im with Lacy on this one........thats all I can say, Ive got no further comment to make at this precise moment in time apart from Lacy is right :D
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Cos you have the ability with one sentance to make people feel that <-> small!

Tis scary!

That doesn't sound like a good thing. I'm sorry.

On the other hand; *this* is scary...
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy:
    Cause you're so damn cute :p

*hides*
    Originally posted by DJP

*hides*

Hehe, I scared him :D
    Im confused by them too, because its the first thing you see before you even start to read the post you look at the pic, you know who it is posting without reading the name and you either sigh, thinking OMG what are they going to say now, or think, mmmm this could be interesting.:D

DJP, YOU and some others may have a strong enough personality to be recognised by your style of posting but some of us probably dont come over as all that impressive when we write things down. And newbies, well they havent been here long enough to have made their impression on us so I find it gets VERY confusing. worried2.gif
    Wouldn't say it really pisses me off, just is becoming a little tedious
    I like to eat cakes. Well I dont but it sounds good. cake is nasty.
    have you noticed that none of the newbies with custom avs have actually posted in this thread?!

ah ha! jurasic park
    I haven't been on here much this past month so I wasn't sure what on earth you were all talking about, but after flicking through some threads I see it now. And my only comment is that Lacy is right. On the av's front and the DJP front ;):p
    My av is a pic of me so i'm ok:) But I deffoly agree they all look he same! I recognise people mainly by their av's so newbies-GET UR OWN!:p
    xxx
    No. I find it amazingly annoying. The practice should be outlawed and those that follow it hanged by the neck. Yes. Moo. :crazyeyes
    :lol:

ITS THE WORLD Vs THE NEWBIES!!!!

MWUHAHAHA :lol:
    Yes i agree with you on this lacymay, its so confusing i keep mistaking people for other people! :rolleyes:
    Terribly sorry to have caused offence or distress to anyone! Hopefully no one has this one, if they do please tell me and i'll be sure to change it!
    I must admit tho, i was starting to get annoyed with other peope having the same av's. I kept thinking "hey i didn't post that", and yeah it wasn't
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    think im going to be different and not have one.

ok ... thats really code for not knowing how to get one (im not too good with computers!)

xx
    ok, first go to google, right! ok click on images, ok the page will refresh and u just type in whatever you want a pic of!
    And if u have to resize it just go into irfanview, and resise it to 60x60pixels, or less
    but firstly you'll need to know to go to your user cp, and i think its in options, go down to the bottom, and click on Avatars (change avatar). then you can put the link to the av you want in. (to get that right click on the av, go to properties and copy the address)

then join us in the ';official drinking binge' thread!
    yay, I'm now a part of the world, cos I'm not a newbie anymore, so I must be a part of the world.
    Theres about four of them using that woman with black hair, I kinda get lost on whos postin, they all merge