Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

You're not being very lucky this week are you?

First 21 people die crushed in a nightclub stampede.

Then 60+ die in a fire at a concert.

And now this

Bloody hell!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, lucky it isn't. :(
    Deaths are up to 85 in the very small club. I never even heard of Great White. But the people looked older...like early 30's late 20's.

Behind the band was this shiney wall. It was made of cardboard like they pack eggs in as a sound buffer. Most people died near the front door.

And oil spiked up a dollar a barrel with that one fire. Then it went back down when the FBI said it wasn't terrorism.
    I live 20 minutes from that club in Rhode Island - the death toll at The Station Nightclub is now at 85+ - having been there a few times myself, I can only imagine the pandemonium that must have gone on in there - I didn'nt know there were 3 exits, judging by the # dead, I dont think a lot of other did either.

Great White was a big thing in the 80s for songs like Once Bitten Twice Shy and Rock Me. Kind of old and cheesy now. As it stands they are looking at the band and its management as club owners say they never authorized pyrotechnics.
    You know what else DM, that band lit off explosives without first asking the owners of the Stone Pony in Asbury Park. So it sounds like they are really in for all the law suits.
    Do you think the people in the club just freaked out because they assumed it was some kind of terrorist thing because the government have got them all worked up so they just stampeded and decided to save themselves and forget their neighbours!!
    No but it could happen because the government is causing panic here. Actually, there was a t.v. crew in the club at the time. The club's owner has a relative at the local t.v. station and they were going to do a piece on a safe club. So they were filming when the cardboard egg crate material caught fire behind the band. At first, people thought it was part of the show. The fireworks the band used were in the US we call them sparklers. They're hardly even hot. Most of the dead were found near the front doors. One person tripped and then many fell on top of the person and people couldn't get out.

The deaths are up to around 100. The reports are saying the owners of the club and band are going to be charged with accessory to murder. I think that's what they said. The bar had no sprinkler system.