Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

e-commerce

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Right I'm looking to go back to uni in September and do something like web design or e-commerce.

Just wondering if anyones doing anything along those lines, what advice they have about it etc.

Also a bit worried that perhaps the courses are a bit too general and whether it will really give me an advantage having a degree in it, or whether I'd get the same level of qualification from night school.

Any other ideas, on the whole internet industry and possible careers, amount of job opportunities available in this line etc would be grateful.

:)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    As far as doing general design goes I'm not creative enough for it. Not really for web design either which is why I was looking more to the e-commerce side.

ALl the e-commerce degrees I've seen have a fair bit of business studies degree in them as well as generalised computing and web design sections. Since I was doing Business studies before leaving last time I thought it might be a good idea to go down this line, but with the way the internet is taking off for more and more businesses thought doing e-commerce a better option as less people take it.
  • Options
  • Options
    aye....suppose it's e-business rather than e-commerce I'm looking for, but most uni's seem to call it e-commerce anyways.

But thanx...3rd time lucky and all that. :lol: