Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Oops I fell over and twisted my ankle, please don't kill me Mr. Serial Killer..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What do you lot think of horror movies? Not the commercial shite like Scream, but the *real* horror, from the demon to the chilling to the cannibal to the zombie to the exploitation.
What do people think about the gorier end of the market?
Any comments on the movies in general? Any favourite movies?
Personally, I love pretty much alll horro, sat through Cannibal Holocaust (made to look like a kind of a snuff movie) among others and have to admit I loved them. Ma favourite's gotta be BrainDead. :p :crazyeyes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like scary movie.
    proper shit.
    Originally posted by Klever
    I like scary movie.

:rolleyes:
    I find them highly amusing :D
    I like Scary Movie 2 aswell
    i always get a good laugh out of them! I don't find them scary, but they are a lot better than scream, and i know what you did......bla bla bla
    i love horror films, i dont have a favourite though :)
    Want to see a cool horror movie, check out Kolobus (could be Kolobos) Rightly fucked up
    Also, i liek the look of the ring, i think it will be a good film.
    Scream/Scary Movie/I Know What You Did...etc really aren't scary. At all. No one knows how to make a horror film anymore.

There hasn't been anything absolutely terrifying since Texas Chainsaw Massacre....that was scary for its time, now its just laughable.

I thought Blair Witch was quite disturbing, as you can imagine yourself being in that situation. The ending was just....*shivers*.

I'd really like to see The Ring, and the original for that matter. Looks quite good.

But again, someone needs to make a really good horror film cos nothing works anymore.
    Cujo was one hell of a good horror movie, and psycho looks quite good too - the black and white version I recorded off TV a while ago... Only watched half of it though. Blair Witch Project 1 was a good horror movie because it was all in your head, and it was something realistic which could actually happen. I fuckin hate unrealistic movies.
    The Blair Witch Project was probably the shittiest film I have ever seen.
    Scream and those films are just funny, they're not really supposed to shit you up...

To be honest, I've never seen a proper scary film?

The Shining's pretty freaky though - Jack Nicholson is a legend :D
    Originally posted by TempleOfDreams
    The Shining's pretty freaky though - Jack Nicholson is a legend :D

:yes: .... Probably one of the all time greats there both the movie and the actor ... Nicholson's performance is nothing short of genius .. You can realy picture him loosing the plot huge style .. :D
    i love horror movies. i think braindead is fucking class "i kick arse for the lord" :lol: i love the original halloween film and im a big fan of the evil deads. horrors kick ass in my opinion.
    Braindead is indeed a brilliant film! possibly the goriest i've ever seen, i can't eat anything at all when it's on, especially when the guy's mum eats her own ear :yuck: :crazyeyes :yuck: it was the worst thing i'd ever seen!

the original Ring film is also brilliant, it's so fucking freaky i couldn't sleep after watching it! i'm thinking of watching it again today before i go and see the new version but i don't wanna see it alone :nervous:
    Originally posted by TempleOfDreams
    To be honest, I've never seen a proper scary film?

Gotta say I agree with you there..never seen a movie that's scared me, given me nightmares, etc etc (except Exorcist III, but I was 11 :p:blush: ).
    However, there are many disturbing movies out there, anyone seen Cannibal Holocaust? Cannibal Ferox? Last House on the Left? I remember watching Cannibal Holocaust for the first time, and my 5 year old nephew walked in, saw a paticularily nasty scene and spent a white-faced half-hour in the bathroom bless him!
    All the Evil Deads rock!! I love gory movies with a twinge of black comedy underneath (a la BrainDead)!! :D
    Anyone ever heard of the very controversial movie Salo or The 120 Days of Sodom? Have yet to see, but I've heard this one takes the biscuit for disturbing and shocking scenes....if *anyone's* seen it I would love to hear your views! Ta! :)
    Originally posted by z0ma

However, there are many disturbing movies out there, anyone seen Cannibal Holocaust? Cannibal Ferox? Last House on the Left?
    All the Evil Deads rock!! I love gory movies with a twinge of black comedy underneath (a la BrainDead)!! :D

Jeez ... There's some movies I haven't heard of for awhile :D

And you can never go wrong with the Evil Deads ..... :D