Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Protesters convince Bush he's right.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is a short, interesting article about Bush.
It's not pro Bush, just insightful.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/874671.asp?0cv=CA01

Comments

• Options
    How do thousands (I'm not sure of the exact number) of people saying they dont want a war convice Bush that war is right?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Me_and
    How do thousands (I'm not sure of the exact number) of people saying they dont want a war convice Bush that war is right?

Haven't read the article, but maybe in the fact that the demonstraters had the choice to demonstrate against their leader. Something which the Iraqi people can't do, unless they'd like to face a wall and a bullet.
  • Options
    To save time:
    The article
    Protests let president know he's right
    WASHINGTON, Feb. 19 — Images of global demonstrations against war with Iraq linger in the minds of heads of state and talking heads: millions of citizens marching in the name of peace in streets from London and Glasgow to Rome and Tokyo. But I can tell you that the marchers impressed President George W. Bush, too. They convinced him — if he needed more convincing — that he is surely on the right course in confronting Saddam Hussein.
    ...the president views the demonstrators as weak-willed moral relativists, afraid to take on — as only faith-filled and freedom-loving leaders can — forces of evil on earth.
    ...The president was, and is, a stranger to those people on the march. More important, he is proud of that fact.

*edited to change formatting for readability
  • Options
    He probably feels justified because when the protesters were interviewed and asked what should be done to deal with Iraq the "most protesters" could not articulate a realistic alternative.
  • Options
    The Republicans did everything within their power to obstruct the planned demonstration in New York. The land of the free! Say hello to Patriot Act 2! Sometimes I wonder if George W. Bush reads the writings of America's Founding Fathers and insists upon taking precisely the opposite approach.