Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Not posting?!?! Why not?!?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, right now there are 44 members and about 20 odd non-members looking at the site. So why oh why is no-one posting? This is in response to harmless's post about not bothering to post. I noticed this a while ago and I posted a few topics up and hardly anybody posted. Now it just seems like nonsense threads that get any replies. Is everybody afraid of thinking and are quite content to post innane replys while neglecting to either a) start interesting threads, or b) post replys to intelligent threads? Please tell...

Comments

• Options
    Re: Not posting?!?! Why not?!?!
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    post replys to intelligent threads?
    :lol:
    There would need to be some!
  • Options
    Am more than prepared to write on a topic i feel i have some thing valuble to add to it:)
  • Options
    i agree with what ginger said.

plus my internet is being sooooo slow tonight, that if i do decide to post something, then it taks me half an hour
  • Options
    There would need to be some!

So, why not start your own threads? See, this seems to be endemic of thesite, that people need to wait until other people start intelligent threads rather than starting their own. Why?!?! It just seems to me that the whole tone of thesite is one of 'dumbing down', and that is doing a massive disservice to posters...
  • Options
    I never have any interesting threads to start and I can't be assed to post tonight.
  • Options
    being new here (registered a while ago but not been on) i quite like to get a feel for things before i start posting threads. That is if you want something better than 'what did you have for breakfast?' (appologies if that thread has been done already)
  • Options
    That's just the thing that annoys me. Threads like 'I'm bored...', or 'here's a joke', etc. I realise this is 'anything goes' but I reckon it should be renamed to 'post something stupid...'
  • Options
    alright then king, start the ball rolling and give us some ideas :)
  • Options
    ' and then i go and spoil it all by posting something stupid like i....' sorry a bit out of tune but hey:) sorry:o

we could always chat about socio-economics or politics but i'm not sure it would be very popular
  • Options
    I think people post mindless stuff on here because its a way to relax and unwind abit. have a laugh and mess around. For serious debates etc there are other boards eg politics.
    Maybe a level could be found between the two but i think its working for the time being.

I agree with KoolCat- If you want change bring it about for yourself! Bring about a revolution! ;):D
  • Options
    see, the boring, mundane things like pens are things that everyone can relate to and have an "opinion" on. and also, this is about the only place where you can get away (almost) with having such conversations.

have a re-read of the pens thread, and instead of seeing it as a discussion on the internet, imagine it being a conversation in the pub.

it's much funnier that way!
  • Options
    Argh!!!! That's not point though! Come up with ideas yourself! That's what I'm trying to get at!!! Then they're not your threads, but mine!
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat

have a re-read of the pens thread, and instead of seeing it as a discussion on the internet, imagine it being a conversation in the pub.

Exactly! (but much better argued)

Its fun and passes the time, and 5 minutes after you cant remember what you were talking about but that doesnt matter because the point is you had fun. I was going to give topics of conversation from my last outing, but I can remember very little of it (and it wasnt alcohol induced memory lapse because i thought i would be driving, before anyone suggests that!) but i remember spending alot of the night in tears from laughing so much! and a snippet about a killer cat jumping through the window holding an axe...
  • Options
    have a re-read of the pens thread, and instead of seeing it as a discussion on the internet, imagine it being a conversation in the pub
    But every thread is developing that style. I mean, look at all the bar threads, the two hello threads, fucking hell there was even a thread about worms that went to pages and pages of waffle... Ok, a little mindless goes a long way, but not too much. I wish everyone else would come up with interesting thread, intelligent threads, witty, engaging threadsm, rather than what most threads essentially amount to, pointless, boring waffle...
    And politics is one place that is exactly that, politics through and through, and pnjsurferpoet has the monopoly on threads in that forum... And I hate politics...
    I can't start a revolution, nobody'll join me :( Look at TAPFOR , fell through the floor... :(
  • Options

But every thread is developing that style. I mean, look at all the bar threads, the two hello threads, fucking hell there was even a thread about worms that went to pages and pages of waffle... Ok, a little mindless goes a long way, but not too much. I wish everyone else would come up with interesting thread, intelligent threads, witty, engaging threadsm, rather than what most threads essentially amount to, pointless, boring waffle...
    And politics is one place that is exactly that, politics through and through, and pnjsurferpoet has the monopoly on threads in that forum... And I hate politics...
    I can't start a revolution, nobody'll join me :( Look at TAPFOR , fell through the floor... :(

<sniff> :(

i tried to be intelligent. i really did.

it's just no good, i can't do it!

and you haven't even replied to my thread yet, so what's the point? think i'll go and eat worms
  • Options
    I mean, look at all the bar threads, the two hello threads, fucking hell there was even a thread about worms that went to pages and pages of waffle...

The hello threads were class:D

Might have something to do with the fact that, thats when i started talking to my dream man. :D

*Runs & hides*
  • Options
    Dream man?? Do tell ;)

Moi? Turning this into a pub chat? never in a million years! ;)

Oh, TAPFOR?:confused:
  • Options
    and you haven't even replied to my thread yet, so what's the point? think i'll go and eat worms
    Actually I have :p
    quote:
    Yes they were, but too much of a good thing?
    Moi? Turning this into a pub chat? never in a million years
    SEE?!? ARGH!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
    Oh, TAPFOR?
    Do a search... *sigh*

So, pens eh? :D
  • Options
    Sorry, was trying to wind you up abit there ;-)

Have you read Lacymay's post? I think that sums up this site, and the seemingly pointless mind numbing posts. You kind of get to know the real person more. Ever sat up til 4am talking to some one, not about anything real or serious bt still feel so close to them?

I get the feeling the same happens here. All the time!

But i shall try and think of serious topics for you... but in the meantime i did search for TAPFOR. Good idea.

:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat

<sniff> :(

i tried to be intelligent. i really did.

it's just no good, i can't do it!

you and me both lady:D
  • Options
    and another thing... (oh dear i'm turning into one of those people :rolleyes:)

when people have something interesting to say it usually fits into one of the other forums, so this one gets left over for all the randomness.

"anything goes" is too, um can't think of the word, vague. if you tell people to post something in here, then they're more likely to come up with something "mindless" because there's no inspiriation. i mean, at least if you're posting in health, at least you know it's got to be about health.

this argument made more sense when i tried to post it first time round, but my computer went balls up, and so i've had to try and remember it all again.
  • Options
    I havent been able to get on here in two days..TWO DAYS!! When I did get on I couldnt get to any of the forums, bad gateway or something.
    thats why I havent been posting anyway
  • Options
    i would post more but they all seem old and i've posted, we need fresh ones ducklings :) I would put some new ones up but my brain is proper shit tonight :)