Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Europe still owes the Jews.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The fact that Saddam pays Hamas for suicide bombers against Israel, should be enough for Europe to at least not block America's efforts to liberate Iraq. Europe owes the Jews at least that much.

Why yes I am proud of this little post. :p

Comments

• Options
    What does 'Europe' owe the Jews.....

America used to take slaves from Africa and Bush won't even help provide antiretroviral drugs for the millions are dying because of the AIDS crisis........:(
  • Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAand. France and Germany are blocking getting rid of Saddam who is paying for suicide bombers who are killing Jews today.

It's another way to look at it. :p
  • Options
    Nothing but unvalidated claims dear boy.
  • Options
    America sure "liberated" Kuwait. After all, that despotic emirate, the same one in place before the Gulf War propped up by the American military is not a dictatorship at all! The American military dictator of Iraq will also govern the "free" Iraqi people - whatever that means.
  • Options
    Europe owes the Jews? Interesting. You see I thought it was the other way around. What in the hell does Germany owe the descendents of Hans Morgenthau? What do the Russians owe the descendents of Leon Trotsky?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    What does 'Europe' owe the Jews.....

America used to take slaves from Africa and Bush won't even help provide antiretroviral drugs for the millions are dying because of the AIDS crisis........:(

Uh the Brits did the transporting...

And Bush just pledged billions of dollars to help with the AIDs crisis in Africa...
  • Options
    Did I kill any jews or sanction the killing of any jews? No.

Is Israel a manifestition of all jewry and the fact that the holoicaust happened justify anything it has done/will do/its right to exist? No.

Should we do something about any other problems in the world? Yes.
  • Options
    Britain gave a few million men for the Jews, As did France (We may joke about them surrendering but 137 did land in Normandy on D-Day. Compared to thousands of British/Canadian etc etc)

Don't mistake Zionists for Jews. Zionists are jews yes but Jews are not necessarialy Zionist. I know many a 4 by 2 who hates Israel.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Uh the Brits did the transporting...

And Bush just pledged billions of dollars to help with the AIDs crisis in Africa...

But Demand creates Supply.

Anyhow you know what I'm getting at with the stupidity of claims from many years ago of being 'owed' something........

I'm not sure about the aid you referred to but it is in the paper today that the US has blocked a deal for the provision of cheaper drugs....

I'll have to look stuff up........
  • Options
    Yeah, I knew what you meant.

In the US, there was a drive to get reparations paid for slavery...

If they had approved it, I was going to apply for it, since my Irish ancestors were enslaved by the British, my Saxon ancestors by the Romans, and my Prussian ancestors by the Swedes...

What do you think my chances were? ;):lol:

As you were indicating, nobody is owed anything for the past (once war reparations are paid, of course).

And that includes France. They don't owe us for WWI or WWII, and we don't owe them for the Revolution. Each did what they did out of self-interest and friendship in whatever mix was appropriate at the time.

And Europe doesn't owe the Jews anything either (except maybe Switzerland...did they ever straighten out that bank account issue?). A number of nations provided assistance to Israel at one point or another. Some continue to for their reasons. Not because it is "owed". Guilt is a lousy motivator. One that Israel played for far too long.
  • Options
    Can someone tell me how much money American Jewry made off of the interest on American war bonds during the Second World War?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Heydrich
    Can someone tell me how much money American Jewry made off of the interest on American war bonds during the Second World War?

You mean how much interest did they EARN for investing in the US Government at a time of great need?

Probably the same as EVERY OTHER PERSON who made the same investment.
  • Options
    You mean how much interest did they EARN for investing in the US Government at a time of great need?

You mean the war the U.S. government provoked and fought for their behalf? LOL like the one before it, with good ol' Paul Warburg in charge of the American Federal Reserve and his brother Max Warburg financing Germany's war effort? The Germans used to remember the Treaty of Versailles, how Germany was represented there by Max Warburg and how good ol' Paul Warburg "advised" President Wilson, how the American War Finance Corporation was headed up by Eugene Meyer and how Benard Baruch was chairman of the War Industries Board. After World War 2 Germany felt the power of good ol' Hans Morgenthau, friend of Germany!!! Europe owes the Jews! Who else is going to fight Jew War 3?
  • Options
    pnj, I don't think that most Jews (which I know at least, and I know from the whole political + religious spectrum) feel that Europe owes them anything.
    There is hurt and anger towards what happened under WW2, and sorrow concerning the lost lives. But I don't think that "Jews" (generalising when using this term) feel that Europe owes them anything anymore, which Europe can actually provide.

If you are refering to Israel when saying Jews, then it is my believe and general impression that the only thing which Israel won't accept is dictation on how to handle the situation, as they doubt Europes judgement, based on WW2.
    Generally most of the European Jews who immigrated and fled to Israel, did so to get away from Europe. Not to rely on it.

About the Swiss bank accounts, as far as I know the cases are still going on, and I doubt very much, that there will ever be a total closure regarding that case.
  • Options

You mean the war the U.S. government provoked and fought for their behalf? LOL like the one before it, with good ol' Paul Warburg in charge of the American Federal Reserve and his brother Max Warburg financing Germany's war effort? The Germans used to remember the Treaty of Versailles, how Germany was represented there by Max Warburg and how good ol' Paul Warburg "advised" President Wilson, how the American War Finance Corporation was headed up by Eugene Meyer and how Benard Baruch was chairman of the War Industries Board. After World War 2 Germany felt the power of good ol' Hans Morgenthau, friend of Germany!!! Europe owes the Jews! Who else is going to fight Jew War 3?

Spoken like a good little disciple of Untermensch Hitler.
  • Options
    I guess my point is that Europe seems to be o.k. with Saddam's support of Hamas...and that isn't right especially for them.
  • Options
    Spoken like a good little disciple of Untermensch Hitler.

What is the difference between Adolf Hitler and Andrew Jackson? Would it make you feel better if the Jews were American Indians and Auschwitz was called Oklahoma Territory?
  • Options

What is the difference between Adolf Hitler and Andrew Jackson? Would it make you feel better if the Jews were American Indians and Auschwitz was called Oklahoma Territory?

You'll have to point out the extermination camps that Andy Jackson ran.
  • Options

What's the difference between your bigotry and theirs? I love hearing these conspiracy theories, they just make your cause seem more stupid.
  • Options
    "Who else is going to fight Jew War 3?" Heydrich

You have the balls to talk about prejudice in America when you spout such ignorance? Truth is, you hate America BECAUSE it's diverse and that diversity will bury you and Europeans like you. How old are you like freak'n 80. Nobody talks like that. As a Catholic, before you go there, I'll tell you Jews make up like 2% of the population in the US. Many immigrants who made it for themselves and made America stronger chose America...lucky us. We let Einstein in...what were we thinking?

AND many Jews are against a war with Iraq. Celebrities against the war include Barbara Striesand, (Although she called it the war against Iran.) Ed Asner, and more. But boy wasn't the peace movement in Europe all to happy to carry Palestinian flags.

That kind of remark is never far below the surface in Europe.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet

Pnj,

Those sorts of generalities don't help you here. They just illustrate your ignorance and inexperience.

Not quite as bad as Heydrich, but still, do keep in mind that you have very little experience in the world at large.
  • Options
    Thanks Greenie, perhaps he'll at least listen to you. ;)
  • Options
    You have the balls to talk about prejudice in America when you spout such ignorance?

How many millions of African slaves were toiling away in Southern Germany? Was it Adolf Hitler that invented the "Final Solution to the Indian Problem" or was that William Tecumsah Sherman?
    Truth is, you hate America BECAUSE it's diverse and that diversity will bury you and Europeans like you.

Hardly. Your diversity will BURY the United States as a world power within 15 years whereas I will be laughing to your fool's errand. Everyone in the WORLD can see how strong the "Rainbow Nations "of South Africa and Zimbabwe are today. The United States has been in decline for over 35 years now. That is the funny thing about Amexica and Britainstan. What goes around comes around. Great Britain has a problem with Moslem terrorists? Britainstan itself will have a moslem majority within my lifetime.
    How old are you like freak'n 80.

Nobody talks like that. As a Catholic, before you go there, Jews make up like 2% of the population in the US.

2% to many. There is a State called Israel. They should go there.
    Many immigrants who made it for themselves and made America stronger. We let Einstein in...what were we thinking?

LOL Diversity is our Strength! Diversity is our Strength. Diversity is such a strength there is a budget deficit in California over 34 billion dollars and California which used to have one of the best educational systems in America now almost hands down the worst. Diversity is such a strength that American SAT test scores peaked in the year 1963 and have fell so far the test itself has been redesigned multiple times over. Diversity is such a strength that during the 1990s during the height of the so called boom in California MILLIONS of native Californians fled the state, just like they are doing in New York and Texas now. Diversity infinitely magnifies the number of issues that a population can disagree upon. That is the whole point of diversity, it is a money making industry. The more conflict there is within a society the more the need for "conflict management" and stronger government. I think Diversity is great for when America's economy plummets we are REALLY going to see some real DIVERSE power in the United States. Sure, I mean diveristy was a great stength for the USSR, Yugoslavia, Lebanon and India! America will look a lot like Yugoslavia around 2030.
    AND many of those are against a war with Iraq. Celebrities against the war include Barbara Striesand, (Although she called it the war against Iran.) Ed Asner, and more.

LOL no population agrees on everything in every respect.

Anti-Semitism is growing FASTER in America and Russia than anywhere in Europe.
  • Options
    Clandestine and Greenhat...I sit corrected.:p

But boy did I get Heydrich mad.:lol:

Or whatever your name is, it's fascinating reading your words, this kind of discussion would never happen in America. It's just not PC to hate a group of people. The prejudiced person would know he or she would be thought of as ignorant.

Since you mentioned test scores and all...I'm in an accelerated program at my school and one thing we learned, is that people who are prejudiced aren't intelligent because intelligent people can see the differences between people - instead of viewing them as a group.

You do illustrate exactly what I see when I see people marching for peace. Hold up your Palestinian flag high. Replaces the Nazi one nicely doesn't it? I'm proud you're anti-American.
  • Options
    I am not mad at all :mad:. I suppose we just disagree with respect to diversity and the war ;). Regardless, over the next 12 months we are going to see who was right and who was wrong :). There is a democracy in Afghanistan! :eek:
  • Options
    Heydrich you made this a good, hot debate. That's just what I want.
  • Options
    There's a puppet regime in Kabul and the warlords dictate everywhere else in the coutry, so perhaps its best called a return to tribal plurality, democracy it isnt.
  • Options
    I'm proud my country played a key role in the creation of a democracy in Afghanistan. It's not finished yet. But it's a start. and many of the freedoms regarding listening to music, going to movies and for girls going to school and being enjoyed. The warlords are being tolerated for now.

Can't wait to see Iraq liberated.
  • Options
    For the second time at least im sure, pnj, what you are being shown is only in Kabul. The conditions outside Kabul, certainly within the dominant Pushtoon region remain no different than they were under the Taliban.

And as far as our committment to any real democracy there, again don't fool yourself. The war secured the long awaited pipeline for Unocal. Whatever else transpires will over time only be increasingly left to the Afghanis themselves as it has so many times in the past once it falls completely out of the media spotlight and our politicians busy themselves with other sources of economic interest.

Don't believe the spin my friend, youll only keep yourself ignorant of the world at large longer than you should be if you wish to be true to what you claim.
  • Options

2% to many. There is a State called Israel. They should go there.

And all the Catholics should go to the Vatican state?
    All Muslims to the Middle East and Africa?
    All Hindus to India?
    All Budhist to the Far East?

etc.