Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Can you cook?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Morning guys :D

Feeling rather pleased with myself this morning after making a superb (If I do say so myself!) dinner last night. I even made my own apple crumble for afters! I think I take after my dear old Nan in the cooking department as my family friends and boyfriend always comment on my meals. I really enjoy it too. Was discussing with a friend this morning and she said she has never once cooked for her man as she hasn't got a clue. He makes everything!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep. I got qualifications & everything :p
    Well i don't know how to make much, got lots of cook books to experiment though.
    Well done, sounds like you have the natural talent.:)
    I won't say i can't cook, as i have never really tried. Heating things up is much easier.:o
    Yes I can cook. I'm not a professional chef but I can cook chicken, make cakes, yadda yadda yadda. I'm brilliant me.
    Ooooh - did you go to cooking class then? ;):D

I used to love cooking in school and taking it home for my mum to eat.
    I aint not masterchef, but i can cook, and do so regularly. My girlfriend loves it when i cook for her, finds it all romantic etc :) hence, more reason to do it
    Yep I am a good cook. Quite creative too :)
    Originally posted by TheMistress
    Ooooh - did you go to cooking class then? ;):D

Cheeky Mare!

No I worked in a cafe & they sent me on courses.
    Altho, I don't know why I bother to cook when my boyfriend actually is a qualified chef! :yum:
    Yes, and I enjoy it too.
    What I don't like is the heat of the steam on my face when I cook pasta or something.
    Yes I can. Very well.
    when my boyfriend actually is a qualified chef! :yum:

Now that does sound like heaven :D
    I love cooking. Italian and Mexican being my favs :yum: i can also make a mean Chilli and stir-fry :yum:
    Originally posted by TheMistress

Now that does sound like heaven :D

:yes:
    Cant really cook nothing creative, but if i had a cook book and actually wanted to do it i think i could!its easy enough really, i make quite alot of cakes though like Victoria sandwich cakes gateaus, ginger bread men any sort of cake really.
    Hey!!!

I trained to be an A la carte' chef for two years and held the postion od Senior chef de partie' and am now back at college doing A levels.

Can't wait to move in with my Missis' well actually she can't wait till I move in cos she wont do any housework or bloody cooking!!!!!:eek:
    NO:eek: i hate cooking! i have problems with microwave food! maybe its the laziness....im jealous of people that can cook! i just make my boyfriend/mum/sister ie anyone who is nearby at the time do my cooking for me!
    Originally posted by sxy bunny grl
    Cant really cook nothing creative, but if i had a cook book and actually wanted to do it i think i could!

Yeah i'm the same. I can cook basic things (ie spag bol) without the use of a cook book but anything more creative & I would need a cook book.

I did Food Tech as a GCSE & loved cooking all the different things, only got a D overall as I didn't actually complete the written side to it & my teacher said if my written side was as good as my practical I could of got an A or a B. :D The things I made were with the use of a cook book though, can't live without one!
    Yes.
    One of my hobbies.
    Is doing foodtech at GCSE:D Its a shit easy subject, its 60% course work so if you put the effort into its your bound to come out with a good grade!its all about presentation so it just takes along time, my project has to be in march the 3rd and ive still got a couple of things left to do but i think ill do it, my cousework is graded at a B so im hoping ill had a Boverall and thet my paper wont let me down!:D
    Originally posted by sxy bunny grl
    Is doing foodtech at GCSE:D Its a shit easy subject, its 60% course work so if you put the effort into its your bound to come out with a good grade!its all about presentation so it just takes along time, my project has to be in march the 3rd and ive still got a couple of things left to do but i think ill do it, my cousework is graded at a B so im hoping ill had a Boverall and thet my paper wont let me down!:D

It is a very easy subject. I was just a lazy arse & only did about half of the coursework.

Good luck with it. :)