Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Scary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For those that can drive, do u ever get the feeling your gonna hit the other cars in tight spaces.
eg. If cars are parked on the side, so u go to the side, and u feel ur gonna hit the oncoming cars.

that has happened to me with a bus, and it ets me really scared that i'm gonna hit it

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Comes down to expeirence. I've been driving for about 12 years now :eek: When I first started though I felt like I was going to hit and scrape past everything.
    i drive bikes, got a 250 at the moment, just for bombing around on. and yeah, when i mistime an overtake, and nearly hit something oncoming, it gets my adrenalin rushing... but hey, thats part of the fun
    You mean you're not supposed to hit them??? :crazyeyes :eek:
    Get a smaller car ?
    Originally posted by CRAZYREDEYES
    Get a smaller car ?

Or a tank.
    I travel a lot on bus. It's funny to look down at those little cars as it looks like they're gonna be crushed... :D
    Oh God every day!! I am so lucky really, I have so many near misses.
    In the words of George Carlin:

"near miss, its a near hit!! BOOOOM ohh look, they nearly missed"
    Originally posted by Mist
    Or a tank.

Nah. The insurance is a bitch and MOT's can be really expensive. Do you know how much a new tread is for a tank? :)
    I just drive close to the parked cars.
    As long as you know the width of your car, then all is well.

Or if the road is too small, I wait for some kind soul to let me through...depending on who's right of way it is.
    Originally posted by CRAZYREDEYES
    Get a smaller car ?

I have a teeny car. It's a Matiz, so it's less wide than most other cars, but I always feel I'm gonna scrape parked cars on the paasenger side, and hit cars on the drivers
    I used to get that all the time! But its improved with the bit of experience i have (ie passed my test 3 months ago...)
    What i really hate is the middle lane on the motorway! Mine is only a little car and its scary when the wheels of the truck on the inside are higher than you! And when big posh cars speed past on the out side, or vans overtake and you get pushed around by the slipstream!

:crying: :nervous: :eek: :nervous: :eek: :nervous: :crying: