Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Chicks with no hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, i'm thinking about shaving my head but i'm a little worried about it. What do you guys and girls think of girls with shaved heads?

Comments

• Options
    i'm thinking about shaving my head
    DON'T!!!!
  • Options
    when it gets a bit longer than non-existent, people can fuzz it.

:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lore

DON'T!!!!
    thanx for ur opinion and all, but can i ask why?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    when it gets a bit longer than non-existent, people can fuzz it.

So that's a .........yes?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kally

So that's a .........yes?

would it suit you?
    Having no hair seems to suit me (so they say)...bah...if you're lucky enough to have hair...keep it. :D

And the fact that your head will be a different colour (sun etc.) to the rest of you....

Up to you. :)
  • Options
    for me, being shallow, a girl with a shaved head is ugh. very unnatractive. but thats only for me. i guess some guys like the demi-moore appeal. maybe :confused:

one - it will be colder, trust me :p
    two - less male attention - can be a double sided coin?
    three - less loverly hair to play with
    four - you will look like an intimidating skin-ead.
    five - if you cut it just a little bit you can style it if it horrifies you. shave it off and you are stuck with it until it grows back. during which itll look. weird.

sorry for me being blunt but I don't like shaved heads. tho thats only little me speakin :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

you what mate?

:p
  • Options
    :lol: never thought of that!!!

The reason i was gunna shave it is cos it's so thick, i've never seen anyone with hair half as think as me, hense the dreads.
  • Options
    Kally, first you should cut it short and see how you look.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    for me, being shallow, a girl with a shaved head is ugh. very unnatractive. but thats only for me. i guess some guys like the demi-moore appeal. maybe :confused:

one - it will be colder, trust me :p
    two - less male attention - can be a double sided coin?
    three - less loverly hair to play with
    five - if you cut it just a little bit you can style it if it horrifies you. shave it off and you are stuck with it until it grows back. during which itll look. weird.

sorry for me being blunt but I don't like shaved heads. tho thats only little me speakin :)

Blunt is good, very good, i want real opinions, but i can't cut a little bit, i've got dreadlocks! I surf a lot and the are starting to piss me off
  • Options
    Depends on your bone structure really..... if you`ve got fine bones and a delicate feminine little face then you could wear it... if, like me, you have the bones of a prize heiffer, you`ll just end up looking like Mr Potato Head.
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    A shaven head is very severe.. I advise thinking about it very carefully - it takes a bloody long time to grow back again once it's gone!
  • Options
    Personally, I like girls with short hair - not skinhead short though like sigourney Weaver in Aliens style. A friend on mine put hers into spikes when she went clubbing, certainly catches blokes attentions!

Maybe an inch and a half long, so you can style it if you want.
  • Options
    You'd look like a lesbian. :eek:
  • Options
    If your going to shave it off because its thick why dont you just have your hair thinened? If your going to shave your hair off why dont you raise some money for charity while you at it?comic relief is just rounbd the corner!and if anyone says what did you shave your hair for you can say charity, also if you dont like it then you can think to yourslef well it was all for a good cause! and you could get hair extensions, it will grow back it wont be the end of the world.
  • Options
    If you think it suits you then go for it.

I personally would rather die than shave my head but its upto you innit!
  • Options
    If you think it would suit your face and it's what you want then go for it. I personally think it's awful, although I'm very girly and have very long hair, I would never dream of having it shaved off. I also think peeps would think you're a dyke.
  • Options
    My mum shaved hers for charity, she raised over £1500 and looked like sinead o connor
  • Options
    I've got to agree with lore when I say...

DON'T!!!!
  • Options
    Regardless of whether or not she'd look like a "dyke" the only thing I would tend to ask is how your work would feel about it. I would be primarily concerned with looking thuggish.

Also, I'm suspicious you may be making some sort of statement. Most people wouldn't shave their hair off because it's "thick" ;)
    Ask yourself if you'd be comfortable with it - also, you may get a few nasty looks in the street - depending on your location :)

Good luck! :cool:

Personally, I would ask you to think very carefully.
  • Options
    Don't! You might look like a man, or uncle fester or something! And dreads kick ass! I'll trade you my hair for your dreads? :D
  • Options
    I shaved my hair off once when i was 17, everyone thought it was going to look awful but they all agreed that actually it looked nice, Im sure i used to have a photo of it - ill have to look it out and get it scanned, I was going through my punky grungey phase at the time so it didnt look too out of place. Its a very easy hairstyle to look after LOL. my hair does grow quickly though so within a few weeks it was just like cropped hair, and I was able to spike it up (and dye it pink) I think you should go for it, if you think you can carry it off. youll probably love the lightness of it compared to dreads. My one tip is to maybe leave it a month or two and do it in the spring - i did mine in a november and it was fucking freezing, I had to wear a hat whenever i went out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Nostromo
    Regardless of whether or not she'd look like a "dyke" the only thing I would tend to ask is how your work would feel about it. I would be primarily concerned with looking thuggish.

My work wouldn't care at all. And i what got me thinking of doining it was an add on tele about shaving ur head for charity.

But i think the main reason i thought of doing it is that i'm so sick waiting for my dreads to grow out.

Thanx for ur opinions everyone, i think my hair will be staying where it is.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed

would it suit you?
    Having no hair seems to suit me (so they say)
    from ur pics, it does
  • Options
    Noooooo, don't shave it all off. Short is fine, but shaved, no. If there's any way you can avoid shaving, then do so, unless you happen to like the idea of looking like a lesbian.
    Not many girls can pull off the shaved/extremely short hair look (I can't think of any I know), so it's a big risk to do it.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Klever

from ur pics, it does

aww, thanx ur so sweet:blush:

Kally:thumb: