Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Is Shyness A Curse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Y are some of us disadvantaged with being shy ,its a plus, but it dramatically affects our lifes and i myself find it a curse to be constantly worrying about everything which happens in my life which will affect how other see me...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its easier said and done though. i say that i wont b shy anymore in certain situations etc but in most i still am.
    i try not 2 b most of the time, but usually i am, i do lack confidence though so i'd prob better try and work on that 1st. sometimes though i just dont give a shit, and that feels gr8!
    shyness is nout to b ashamed of, its shows ur sensitive and caring.
    c ya love helly
    I dont' think there's anything wrong in being shy. I know someone who's so shy he won't say anything at a party for the first two hours, but he's a really nice guy.

Just be proud of who you are. Most shyness is a result of lack of self-confidence, just don't worry about it. If your a good person people will see that, regardless of whether or not you're a bit quiet at first. Just be proud of who you are, and that goes for all of you!
    Confidence comes to you with time. I wouldn't say boo too a goose a year and a half ago but my confidence is building. I'm still shy and quiet in large groups of people I don't know too well and I'm shy with new people but I'm sure that will come to me with time. Like Path2Eternity said, hold your head up. I bet shyone and helly walk down the road with your head down. Pick it up and look forward. At least if you hold your head up you will see where your going and avoid an embarassing collision with a lamp post.

Seriously, don't worry about what people think about you. If they don't like you for who you are then tough shit.

I must admit, I'm way too shy to ask girls out and thats why I went out with a girl on the internet and that didn't work but never mind. Maybe oneday I'll get over that hurdle and be confident about that or they'll ask me he he Like I've hoped all the other girls i've liked would do.
    Dont worry, I think that shyness is okay, and in some girls it can be a bit of aa turn on
    Originally posted by ilovesara:
    Dont worry, I think that shyness is okay, and in some girls it can be a bit of aa turn on

I agree with you. I prefer the quiet type who will respect you and not say to her mates "WE DID THIS AND THAT IN BED LAST NIGHT"

its not bad being shy, but it helps if u want to score with the ladies. They are attracted to confidence, but not over confidence. Best set is to get pissed then u will have no trouble being up front. At least when your shy u keep out of trouble, i wish i was shy in those situations. DONT WORRY, CHILL!!
    Most men prefer shy people, just make sure your tough on the inside.
    There is no point worrying, it does not help anyone!