Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How are men meant to act in clubs/pubs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was out last night with a group of mates, there was about 8 of us (me and this other lad) and then girls

I was called boring by 2 girls for not doing a Mexican wave type shitty thing. and they reckoned I was up tight a bit

I put this down to me being sober(ish) at the time, but then they had me thinking...... am I boring!?

I just want to know girls, how should blokes act when out in a busy pub?

and blokes, how do you act when out drinking ? (In a mixed group)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have the attitude of take me as I am. When I go out I just act, well normal (for me that is). I've been thrown out of more pubs/clubs than I can remember for being a bit loud. I have been told that I can be over the top sometimes but as long as I'm not harming anyone and I'm having fun what's the problem.

Example :- About 6 years ago was in a pub in Aberdeen with a mixed group. The pub was holding a pole-dancing competition but couldn't get enough lassies. So I volunteered. (Didn't win though :( ) Afterwards this lassie came up and called me a dick. I answered back with "Fine. I'm a dick. But I'm having fun and not harming you so what's the problem." I think some it's to so with confidence and alot to do with alchohol ;)
    *thinks back*

I think when i go out in mixed groups, i just want lads to be themselves. Some of them are louder than others and yes we do have a go at the quieter ones and call them boring but we dont actually think it. We're just trying to make sure they're enjoying themselves. People do it to me all the time!

But to be honest, it doesnt matter how people act. Its only for a few hours innit.

And i dont think your boring :)
    as long as you don't start a fight for no reason, sleaze on a girl who obviously has no interest (i don't mean simply offering to buy her a drink and then taking the hint when she doesn't respond, i mean non-stop pestering and harrassment) then you can act how you like and if someone takes issue then that's their problem :)
    I just get drunk, complain that everyone is pulling except me then go home. Unless there is a moshpit, in which case i'll be having too much fun to care whether other people are pulling or not.
    I act the same as normal.
    Which is becoming far too relaxed!
    I think using the excuse your not doin it cause your sober is a bit dry! I'd agree with the girls!
    Ive often gonw out and stayed sober and can still have a good laugh and get up dancing and all the rest without any drink.
    If you cant enjoy while your out sober or not I think you've got a confidence problem!
    Well as for being sober, not really too sure, I'm just as hyper when I am but maybe a bit more aware of my volume levels etc....;)

To be honest, I'm usually fucking wasted on something, but I'm generally a nice hearted guy so I guess when I'm wrecked it doesnt change me that much...I make jokes, have a laugh, and just arse about..or sometimes just sit around having a smoke and a chat over a drink..all depends on what everyones up to..

I agree though, just be yourself, loud or not, "boring" to one is exciting to another...

Like one mans poison is another mans medicine and all that..Just be yourself, no-one can ask anymore..and if they do, you call them friends?
    Do what you want, I hate having some kind of expectattion to act in a certain way on me, tis foolish when everyone is meant to be having fun........