Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Icicles on noses time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yesterday we went to Matlock Bath.... it was fucking FREEEEEZING!!!!!! :shocking: Seriously, the sensor on the car dropped about 5 degrees. I have never been anywhere so bone chillingly cold (except maybe Whitley Bay in the middle of winter). Mind you, I bet the place doesn`t see the sun till about May....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If i knew where that was i'd sympathise :D
    It`s in the Peak District. And it`s in a valley with sheer rock walls, hence I don`t think it gets any sun at all in the winter and that`s probably why it is SO cold.
    pah! next week I have to WADE through cold freezing rivers on the coast (not even south more Westish) I WILL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by Pepsi_104
    pah! next week I have to WADE through cold freezing rivers on the coast (not even south more Westish) I WILL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did that last week, surveying in Elderslie, near Glasgow. It was OK until the water came over the top of my wellies.:eek:

For cold places though, you can't beat Hamilton. When you're wearing two jackets, gloves, wooly hat and two pairs of socks and you're still cold, its time to get a new job
    Originally posted by Captain Slog

I did that last week, surveying in Elderslie, near Glasgow. It was OK until the water came over the top of my wellies.:eek:

For cold places though, you can't beat Hamilton. When you're wearing two jackets, gloves, wooly hat and two pairs of socks and you're still cold, its time to get a new job
    oh heavenly heavenly lord. I havent even got wellys!!!!!!!!! be sqelching aorund in trainers..........great..apparntly water doesnt go very high BUT i think the rivers flooded now *HELP!!!!!!!* I may just sit back and get everyone else to do work but not sure if taht allowed...PLUS when i go will be only our school in this place miles away from civilisation *sighs* and i go to an all girls school so will miss all the boys :(
    GET WELLIES! And thermal socks. For the love of God, just do it!!!