Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

would you swap?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
would you swap marbles with me... if i ever managed to find them again that is?

Comments

• Options
    Re: would you swap?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

Marbles....what are they again?
  • Options

you lost your marbles a long time ago.........didnt you :p
  • Options
    mind marbles, glass marbles, or crappy marbles???
    I will
  • Options
    <misty eyed>

I had a beautiful marble once. It had a metallic blue glaze, with a silver thread running through the middle. I loved that marble. I wouldn't have swapped it with anybody, not even for the 'big king' marbles the super-cool marble maestros played with. But it's lost now, I am bereft.

I would swop you some of my inferior marbles though.
  • Options
    kingers, bonks, chinas or ordinarys?
  • Options
    i would, only they took them away when they locked me up.
    I dont think i would have been able to play with them properly anyway, wot with this jacket on.:( I have to wear it. Its an awful design, completly restricts all movement. i have to type with my teeth. if only i hadn't tried to turn my pet frog into a prince with a kiss... *looks wistful*
  • Options
    Originally posted by living_in_chaos
    if only i hadn't tried to turn my pet frog into a prince with a kiss... *looks wistful*
    Ahh, Frog snogging! do you wanna talk about it?;)
  • Options
    I used to collect marbles but I lost them too...:( But you know if I had any i would gladly swap mr roll.
  • Options

would be interesting to see how it all works in there, so yes but not permanently.:)
  • Options
    i would swap if i had any to swap, but sadly i dont.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    kingers, bonks, chinas or ordinarys?

Bonks? lol
    In my neck of the woods they were called ponks. Ordinary's weren't worth anything. If we got them we'd just throw them away.

Ah those were the days.......
  • Options
    I lost my marbles. I had cool ones that my dad gave me but I lost them. My dad is a cunt.
  • Options
    Originally posted by One of the Nobodies

Bonks? lol
    In my neck of the woods they were called ponks. Ordinary's weren't worth anything. If we got them we'd just throw them away.

Ah those were the days.......
    bonks were the ones that were twice the size of ordinarys, but about 4 times the size of titches
  • Options

bonks were the ones that were twice the size of ordinarys, but about 4 times the size of titches

Yeah, i know the ones you mean. We called them ponks, next size up were queens, next were kings and the biggest ones were called giants. Original eh? :)
  • Options
    lol, very original. my faves were squiggles, you know they had loads and loads of squiggly lines in them
  • Options
    lol, very original. my faves were squiggles, you know they had loads and loads of squiggly lines in them

Lol mine were spotted dicks. Speaks volumes don't you think? :D
  • Options
    where they those black ones with like multicoloured speckles all over like a galaxy
  • Options
    I had loads of marbles, my brother kept taking them to school & one day he lost the biggest one I had. Gutted.

I was madly in love (as in love as one can be at the age of 9) with this boy in year 6 who was like the best in the playground at marbles.

Christ, how sad.
  • Options
    wow! so many people remember marbles. you'll be telling me next that they still make them.
    marbles aye... the things i could do now if i'd managed to hold on to the full set.
    they are beutifull yet such simple things. the less of them left...the simpler one gets...............
  • Options
    where did that saying come from anyway, losing your marbles?
  • Options
    they do still make marbles!
  • Options
    where they those black ones with like multicoloured speckles all over like a galaxy

Yeah. I still have loads of marbles. I didn't give any of them away.
    About 5 years ago i got a jar of really traditional marbles with a leaflet of how to play different games with them. They're really pretty.
    Can anyone remember pogs? i was so crap at playing, i used to lose all the time. I still have loads of them too actually. *is sad* :)
  • Options
    I remember the marble craze! We called the twice-as-big ones "biggies" (i think), the ones twice as big as them were "Over-grownies", and then the massive ones were called "Over-overs" :p