Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Help on how to tone wobbly bits!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just looking for a bit of advice really.

I've been going to the gym for a few months now and recently have just started going every other day. I don't really need to lose any weight, I just want to tone up all my wobbly bits, ie bottom, thighs, tops of arms and tummy. And I don't want to get muscly 'cause that would just look silly on little me.

Just to give you an idea, this is what I currently do when I'm in the gym.......

Bike, treadmill (on fairly high gradient), not sure what this machine is called - kind of like the stepping machine except you hold onto 2 metal bars as you're stepping so your arms get a bit of a work out aswell, then I do all the stretches and 100 sit ups.

Does anyone have any advice on what other machines I could/should be using, I'd be very grateful for the help.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    try some light lifting. cardio alone might trim the fat, but won't do much for muscle tone. just remember not to push yourself if u don't want to put on muscle
  • Options
    I would recommend that you use weights, thats what will tone you up. lots of reps at a low weight.

Do say 3 sets of 15 reps on each machine, just using 1 or 2 weights. As your body gets used to it put the weight up a little, dont worry about getting too muscly because its easier to loose than it is to gain !

Good luck

:)
  • Options
    Yoga is really good for toning you up. Swimming's also a good all-round exercise. More running would help too. How long do you run for?