Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Turtoises

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone have a tortoise?

Am v.excited as i'm planning to have one soon (when they all wake up from hibernation).

:D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nope dont have one soz, but what a kool pet:D do they make alot of mess though?
    I would love a pet tortoise. I love the way their wrinkly little legs and necks poke out of their shells, and their little beady eyes. And they live forever!

Can you still buy them in this country? I thought that places had stopped selling them because there was a massive illegal trade in them or something?
    mmm tortoises are ok but I prefere Turtletoises :D
    Re: Turtoises
    Originally posted by Britney
    Does anyone have a tortoise?

Am v.excited as i'm planning to have one soon (when they all wake up from hibernation).

:D
    errr.... don't get to excited britney. you throw the ball and they don't fetch it back for 3 or 4 days.
    Re: Re: Turtoises
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    errr.... don't get to excited britney. you throw the ball and they don't fetch it back for 3 or 4 days.

:lol:

very good!
    Originally posted by sxy bunny grl
    Nope dont have one soz, but what a kool pet:D do they make alot of mess though?
    Probably - but only very very very slowly. :D
    it's a bit like having a tin of not quite dead spam slowly moving through your life.
    it's a bit like having a tin of not quite dead spam slowly moving through your life.

LMAO.

You crack me up sometimes.
    my dad used to have a tortoise when he was but little. said they weren't the most exciting of pets... :rolleyes:

i would quite like one though, i would hardly have to exert myself looking after it, and that suits me fine!
    I thought they were trying to stop people keeping tortoises as pets?
    Or it might have been something else. Something with a shell anyway. Terrapins?

I can't really see the excitement in getting a tortoise. But yay for you. Sort of.
    my cousin used to have a pet tortoise but he died (he was about 80 :eek: ) I used to have terrapins but my mum made me give them away :crying: poor kissey and tamper
    Re: Turtoises

My mate used to have one then she put it in the loft for hibernation and forgot about it, it died. :(
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    My mate used to have one then she put it in the loft for hibernation and forgot about it, it died. :(

Wow, what a complete idiot.
    Re: Re: Re: Turtoises
    Originally posted by Smash

Wow, what a complete idiot.

Yeah, something like that.
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    that made me laugh.
    i reckon they became extinct at the same time as the dinosuars.
    when that comet hit, the dinos were gone in a blast. the tortoises
    are still moving away from the explosion... it will dawn on them one day that they became extinct a bazillion years ago and then...
    God, tortoises... when I was a kid everyone had one and they cost about a fiver. They`re not allowed to import them from the wild now, they have to be bred for sale; therefore last time I saw one for sale the asking price was roughly £150.

I suppose they`re a kind of strange thing to have as a pet really... I mean, it`s not like they`re going to get attatched to you, and you can`t do a lot with them, but then you could say the same for a lot of animals people keep... tarantulas, iguanas, etc etc.

Strange as this is going to sound, my mum had one when she was young, and it kept escaping! It had the roam of the garden which was very secure, but what they hadn`t bargained for was it tunnelling out under the fence!!
    No way would I want a turtoise. I mean I used to remember all the fuss they had to go through on Blue Peter every year sticking the turtoise into a box for half the year.

And then you'd come to summer or whatever and have to open the box to see if the bloody thing was still alive!

Then when they are up and about, they do nothing.
    Originally posted by Gavman
    mmm tortoises are ok but I prefere Turtletoises :D

You scare me.
    Originally posted by Miffy
    [B and you can`t do a lot with them, but then you could say the same for a lot of animals
    [/B]
    you could say the same for a lot of people...
    you could say the same for a lot of people...

You could indeed