Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my boyfriend were sitting eating a romantic meal when some girls decided to make themselves comfortable in the grassy area at the back of my house. They were calling out things towards us and generally being noisy and rude. They then topped it all off by throwing several packets of chips at the windows, smearing sauce all over them and leaving the garden (my DISABLED mothers pride and joy).

They then ran off. My mum was distraught so she went after them, I had to go too because I didn't want my mum confronting them on her own. I got there first and asked them what they thought they were playing at etc. This was mighty brave of me as I was confronted (on my own) by seven or eight 16 year old girls (you know the sort - tracksuits, awfully huge gold earrings, big fringes etc) who were quite happy that a hapless 19 year old had wandered into them on her own and seemed to want to beat me up. Eek!

My mum arrived and all but two of them ran off. We then proceeded to have an argument in the street with them about what they had done. We know who one of them is, but she pretended we had the wrong person. It was quite a funny exchange because me and my mum are quite witty (if I do say so myself) and they weren't - in actual fact they were amazingly stupid. One of them challeneged me to a fight and I actually told her to hit me (I've always fancied having someone up in court, hehe) but she decided it was better if she didn't.

I can see many people are worried about where this is going (probably nowhere). Anyway, my mum phoned the police about it all and they said they would send someone round. However, they obviously don't give a fuck because they didn't even ask the house address. The thing is we know who one of them was and where she lives. My mum is really shook up and the garden is a total mess. They'll probably come back night after night now.

I am also pretty scared because I will probably see some of them around town and am worried about what might happen if I run into them and they reconise me. Jeez.

I thought kids grew out of this kind of shit by the age of 12.

What do I do now? I really want someone to "pay" for what they've done. As if my mum isn't ill enough without them hanging around being a nuisance.

Comments

• Options
    Aaaw hugs, don't know what to say, but hope all turns out ok.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Grrrrrrrrrrr!!
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

I thought kids grew out of this kind of shit by the age of 12.

Most children do, seems these morons had nothing better to do.

*hugs*
  • Options
    *hugs* people are cruel. They're older than me and even I've grown out of that stage... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    *hugs*

yea the police are shite. about 7 19 yr old guys came to my house a while back and started smashing the windows trying to get in we phoned the police and they got there about... 3 or 4 days later. shit police. ah well what can ya do.

i know how much it shakes you up and all i can say is dont be scared cos they will probably run off if they see you in town.

anywayz im always here if you need to talk or something and i think the only medicine i can prescribe is a nice long hugging session with your boyfriend so you can just feel nice and secure :)

at least thats what would cheer me up! (with girlfriend, of course...)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    (with girlfriend, of course...)
    LMAO! Is it your mission to get Laura into every thread?! ;):p

Only kidding hun!

Thanks guys, I am really shaken up and a bit scared they're going to come around here again. I was dead brave confronting them like I did 'cos I am a wimp really but got so riled I thought I could kill them at the time!
  • Options
    bumblebee i know your being serious here but i couldn't help but laugh. i had a picture in my minds eye of your disabled mum charging down the street in a wheelchair and you crapping yourself but saying "come on then... hit me... come on".
    complain to the police about the way you were treated. seriously.
    use your mums disability to maximum effect. if someone asks if your exploiting your mums disability then say, yes i fucking am!
    get on the phone and ask that a police officer visits your mum so you can voice your fears. the sight of a copper, should these girls happen to see him/her arrive is very off putting. they will go and pick on someone else. let me know how you get on.
  • Options
    Gotta agree with Morrocan roll on the police bit. :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    bumblebee i know your being serious here but i couldn't help but laugh. i had a picture in my minds eye of your disabled mum charging down the street in a wheelchair and you crapping yourself but saying "come on then... hit me... come on".

Hehe, I actually laughed out loud reading this!!!!!!!!

Not all disabled people are in wheelchairs you know?!! She has MS so she has good periods and bad periods but doesn't use a wheelchair, just a stick.

However, it gave me one hell of a laugh imagining my mum racing down the road in a wheelchair. I actually have tears in my eyes from laughing. :lol: Cheers mate, you've made my night!!
  • Options

Hehe, I actually laughed out loud reading this!!!!!!!!

Not all disabled people are in wheelchairs you know?!! She has MS so she has good periods and bad periods but doesn't use a wheelchair, just a stick.

However, it gave me one hell of a laugh imagining my mum racing down the road in a wheelchair. I actually have tears in my eyes from laughing. :lol: Cheers mate, you've made my night!!
    glad you saw the funny side of it bumble. most disabled people aren't in wheelchairs but thats the picture i got.
    i have a disabled daughter so have experience in these things.
    funny thing happened to me in this respect today. i've been trying to help someone out claim disability benefit, new ground for me. in the reply to the man concerned ... who was refused... was a line that said "have you had either or both legs amputated above the ankles". we both laughed at the same time. is there another way you can have your legs amputated?
    look after your mum my darling... it's called love. it's demanding and friggin hard at times i know but... it is so good for the soul.
    give your mum a big hug from me for being so brave and so friggin daft!
  • Options
    i never trusted the police....

id lay some traps or something, or run at them with a big stick with a hook on the end and hook their earrings, then proceed to spin round in circles so theyd fly around squealing.

but then im just stupid.
  • Options
    Can I just ask why you confronted them? Would it have not been much better to telephone the police soon as they started any trouble and let them deal with it? I think in this day and age trying to confront that amount of teenagers might have been the wrong thing to do, as you have already said you know one of them so obviously they know you.
    Also where was your boyfriend during all this? did he not help you?
    Sorry to be the only negative person here but I personally think you were in the wrong confronting them, you dont know wether they were high on drugs? had knives? infact you knew nothing about them apart from the fact that they were out for trouble.
    What if circumstances had been different and they actually did attack you? not being funny but that amount of girls at the same time, even the fact they were only aged 16 ish you could have been seriously hurt.
  • Options
    F*cking idiots, I hope they get run over by a green godess.

LMAO! Is it your mission to get Laura into every thread?! ;):p

Only kidding hun!

Dont kid, because its true.
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    i never trusted the police....

me niether but there is a way or two of using them.
    and 90% of them are the good guys.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Can I just ask why you confronted them?
    My mum was distraught so she went after them, I had to go too because I didn't want my mum confronting them on her own.

Could hardly let her mum go on her own now, could she?
    But yes, what was your boyfriend doing while all this was going on? :confused:
  • Options
    I agreed, some of them can be really funny and friendly but then some of them are real sods :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash

Could hardly let her mum go on her own now, could she?

In the same situation I would have phoned the police, told them I needed help NOW then gone to follow my Mother. I wouldnt have confronted them without having some form of back up :)

Although these girls were only 16 ish, when they are in a group I wouldnt like to get into any aggro with them because 7 of them against me??? nah im no heroine :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash

He was watching the dog. They had kind of moved our garden gate so that it was open (it is hard to explain) and we couldn't get it shut again so he was making sure the dog didn't run out... we couldn't get him back in the house because he was excited by all the comotion (the dog not the boyfriend!!)
  • Options
    Install an alarm system.