Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Driving Theory Test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just done mine but I failed the hazard perception bit and have to repeat it again :( The really depressing thing is when I thought about it I'm the only person I know who hasn't passed it first time! Has anyone else failed it but gone on to pass second time round no problems? I feel really uncertain about driving now... :crying:

Comments

• Options
    I failed mine about 2 years ago, I got 29 out of 35, I never did get around to sitting it again, thats my new years resolution though.

Im sure you'll do fine second time round, stick at it :)
  • Options
    I passed first time, 35 out of 35, but I didn't have to do the hazard perception cos I did it before that came out.

Just don't let it put you off, keep at it and I'm sure you will be fine next time :)
  • Options
    Luckily I did mine before they introduced the hazard thing onto it but I know a few people at my college who failed on that. Don't give up hope, you will get there eventually. :)
  • Options
    Didn't know they had changed it?!

Try again, you will do it.:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by angelbabe
    I passed first time, 35 out of 35, but I didn't have to do the hazard perception cos I did it before that came out.

Just don't let it put you off, keep at it and I'm sure you will be fine next time :)

Ditto, and i agree with the last bit aswell- Theres always a next time.
    My friend just failed his last week and went on to book his next one straight away because he's like me and if he doesnt do something straight away he'll never do it!

So just book another one! Did u do anything to prepare? I dont know if there is anything out to help with the perceptions bit, but have a look. It cant do any harm!

Good Luck! :D
  • Options
    I failed my theory test first time! I got like 28 or something...I didn't have to do the hazard awareness thing though because you didn't have to do it then.

I passed second time, but it took me ages to rebook it because I was scared of failing again, but I got 35/35 second time! Don't worry about failing again, you'll be fine :)
  • Options
    Hzard bit? Whats that all about ? :confused:
  • Options
    I think it's like a reaction test to see if you're incapable of seeing things that appear on the road or not. Like bike's and stuff.
  • Options
    Don't worry I know loads of people who have failed their theory test first time, I think they have started to make the question part of the test harder though because thats what everyone keeps failing! :confused: I passed mine first time but I only had to do the question part when I took it! :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by faerielights

So just book another one! Did u do anything to prepare? I dont know if there is anything out to help with the perceptions bit, but have a look. It cant do any harm!

Good Luck! :D

Yeh, that was the problem you see, I did loads for the 35 questions but I had nothin for the hazard perception bit so didn't really know what I was doing!

Well I booked another test again, but it'll be on the 3rd March because they're booked up til then, suppose it'll give me time to practice my hazard perceiving skills somehow...
  • Options
    When did they bring in the hazard perseption thingy?
    I managed to fail mine first time without that :o