Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How do you like your toast?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So...

Do u like it just after its been cooked and let the butter melt and go all soggy? :p

Or...let it go cold and then butter it? :yum: :yes:

Actually...my new thing is to butter both sides then cook it on the grill! mmmm :yum: much better than fried bread!

And while we're on the topic of eating...cadburys cream eggs: I bite off the top and scoop out the filling with my finger! :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Toast...buttered while still hot is nice.

Creme eggs...put in in whole...bugger to eat like that, though.
    toast - done on the lowest toaster setting so that it only just starts to go brown. but don't really like toast that much, would rather have a crumpet or a scotch pancake :)

as for cream eggs - if i can be arsed i do the whole bite-the-top-off-lick-out-the-middle-bit things, but usually get bored of that half way through (either that or my fingers are covered in a sticky mess) and I just shove the whole thing in me gob :yum:
    :lol: doubt i could put the whole thing in my mouth and actually manage to eat it :rolleyes: *hmmm...might try it though* :p
    toast:hot....mmm...with butter and chocolate spread!!

creme eggs...whatever takes my fancy!
    toast : no butter, or just a smidgen :p

cream eggs : bite the top, then suck the centre out :D
    I dont like toast :p

cream eggs I bite the top off, lick out the center and then eat the shell :)
    I like my toast nice and crispy :) Industrial strength. :D

Creme eggs ming.
    toast- nice and hot when the butter is put on.

Creme eggs- bite off the top and lick out the middle with my tongue.
    Toast: golden brown butter whilst still hot
    or
    strawberry jam - no butter.

Cream egg: Bite off the top, scoop out the inside with my tongue.

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    I like mine light to medium brown on the outside, but with the inside still soft and hot. Then butter it the moment it comes out of the toaster, so the butter can melt in to it. Mmmm.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    My toast has been compared to warm bread, I trust no one except moi to make it, it gets about 30 seconds in the toaster and then the marg slapped on it , mmmmm :yum:

As for creme eggs, I bite the top off and then stick my tounge in (ooo er!) and Im about to go do it right now :D
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Glittery Vodka
    My toast has been compared to warm bread, I trust no one except moi to make it, it gets about 30 seconds in the toaster and then the marg slapped on it , mmmmm :yum:

Mine gets 45 seconds, just starts to go brown, out it goes, butter on, melted butter, or a bit of jam. Whole process from plugging in the toaster to being entirely eaten! :yum:

Could do with some toast around now......
    Toast

Nothing bets hot crunchy toast with butter and marmite!
    Has anyone tried my speciality yet? Butter both sides then grill it? It's gorrrrge :yum:

I'm going to call it...errr...hmmm...hold on...okay i got it! Get ready...*drum roll* Emz speciality! Great name eh!? :p:D
    Very lightly toasted. 'warm-bread' practically! with lots of butter on, melted. a bit of jam when i feel like it. i eat toast all the time. i bough me mother a toaster for xmas and im the only one thats ever really used it!

cream eggs: not had one in years :(but when i do, i just bite off the top and suck out the cream. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! :p
    a thread for Karla! I love any kin of toast, it doesn't matter because it's all yummy. Actually, I'm going to make some now.
    Toast: cook until only just starting to turn golden – any darker and I have to scrape it off. Butter when still warm, but not too much! Make sure butter is spread to the edges, can't stand it when butter is just put in a little circle in the middle. Cut into four squares, eat crusts off first and then middle. Yum!

Creme Egg: bite off top and scoop out middle, using finger as spoon. Possibly use tongue if no-one is watching. Attempt to fit whole hollow egg into mouth. Fail. :(
    preferably the right way up.
    after dropping it that is. nowt worse than having to pick bits of carpet out of it when your just waking up.
    ...maybe it would be fun to chop up the creme egg and put it on golden brown hot toast...

...then again...maybe not...

...maybe someone should invent creme eggs with liqeur....

?
    Toast: Don't like toast unless it is cheese on toast then I do!

Creme eggs: YUK!!!!!:yuck:
    Am I the only one who likes cold toast?
    As near to burning as poss, no charcol please, then left to go cold, just a smidge of marg, loads of marmite or no marg and peanut butter.:yum:
    Hate soggy toast unless of course its cos I dipped it in my tea..Oooooooh yummy yums marmite toast dipped in hot tea. :yum::yum: :thumb:
    awwwwww not fair! I want toast now... and I have no way of getting hold of any until Monday (well unless I go out to a cafe tomorrow morning and I really don't have the cash to do that) as they don't do breakfast in college on sundays, the hatch in the jcr doesnt open and due to some stupidly severe archaic rule we're not allowed toasters in our rooms.

anyway, ranting aside, toast - normally well toasted, hot, and buttered (nice brown colour, dont even mind if there are burnt bits)
    However jam or nutella are nice alternatives every now and then

Creme eggs - bite the top off and use that to fish out the filling, or alternatively just eat the filling with my fingers
    i like ma toast ROASTIN hot with LOADS of butter so it melts.

and my creme eggs, well i take the top off and suck out the middle.