Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

secret admirers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how many people actually do the whole secret admirer thing these days and send anonymous valentines?

seems to me that the big V-day has kind of lost its point and has just become a day for couple who are already together? i haven't heard of anyone sending an anonymous valentine card for ages - not since i was in primary school.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ive had a few cards from secret admirers(not this year but before now) and once I got a dozen roses, but they always turned out to be people that I didnt like in that way, which then made the whole thing a bit embarrassing.
    I'd rather someone came right out and told me anyway, all that sneeking around its a but creepy dont you think?
    With my writing it's pretty obvious the card is from me.
    I sent an anonymous card to my boyfriend this year with weird writing and he asked me if it was me and I said "no" and he was dead chuffed.

He wasn't so happy once I admitted that it was me - he thought he had a secret admirer!